Friday, June 16, 2017

Review: The Battle for Vale

The Battle for Vale The Battle for Vale by Erin D. Andrews
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a completely new author for me and the first book in the War of the Realms series
The complexity of his characters alone was five stars for me - I like complex stories that require my full attention
Add in his world building and this is a book I would recommend for any lover of the fantasy genre.
My only and biggest problem was that toward the end of the book it shifted from a third person POV to what almost read like a scene setting then back to the third person - I even double checked to see if I had been so involved in the story that I had created my own POV's (yes the story is that good, it runs like a film) -Not sure what happened but it was the reason for the loss of stars - It may have been that I was reading an ARC copy.
I am looking forward to moving on in this series I have to know!
I received an Advanced Readers Copy of this ebook and chose to leave a voluntary review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment