Skip to main content

📚 OUR WEEK IN REVIEWS 📚

💖 A PEEK AT OUR WEEK 💖

📚  01/13/2018 📚 

💌 Forgiving Keven by Siobhan Davis
🗡️ Micaden's Madness by V.F. Mason
💋 The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen
📸 Crucible by Natalie Bennett
⚖️ Bitter Sweet Hell by Alex Grayson
🐍 Legends of Lust by Autumn Bardot
Forgiving Keven (The Kennedy Boys, #7)Forgiving Keven by Siobhan Davis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is my first read in the Kennedy Series and WOW what an introduction
There were enough details and flashbacks provided that I had no problem following the storyline and reading as a standalone (I am under the belief that this picks up directly from the previous book ). Forgiving Keven definitely left me wanting to know more about many of the secondary characters and how we got to this point. I will be going back and reading this series from the beginning.
Keven's past catches up with him and he is offered an opportunity to make things right. When he sees a secondary opportunity to reconnect with Cheryl he does not hesitate to accept.
Keven's character definitely stands out amongst his brothers - He is passionate and demanding with a very sensitive side that he is not ashamed of.
Our female MC Cheryl was a bit more reserved. She was outgoing, funny and easy to connect with but she seemed to walk around with blinders on most of the time.
Their chemistry was a perfect blend of fiery and passionate making their love story easy to fall into
This is a romantic suspense that was actually filled with on the edge of your seat suspense ( I know Surprise) - I was constantly catching my breath or mumbling "No, don't" and "Did he?" "Come on Come on" and finding myself asking "How?" "Why?".

Intense - Romantic - Emotional - A wonderful second chance story

Amazon


Micaden's MadnessMicaden's Madness by V.F. Mason
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
"Obsession and insanity go hand in hand."
My heart is pounding and just No!
I had to set the book down and step back a couple times - I couldn't breath
Micaden and Emerald's story was an encompassing and potent tale told in both pov's.
Mason exquisitely implemented this dark psychological tale bringing the reader in and captivating them from the opening page to the closing. The storyline has multiple timelines, don't worry it is easy to follow -We travel via "the book" through Emerald's past as she slowly regains some of her memories that were lost in the accident - this gives us just enough sustenance to give the presence some foundation. Then there are the times we spend with Brochan and his memories, this is where we find ourselves catapulted into a tailspin of angst and darkness. Micaden holds most of the present with a few glimpses of how and why he came to be.
The multiple pov's only adds to the telling - It reaffirms the belief that multiple people can see the exact same tragedy but each will see something different - a different cause and effect
I enjoyed the way the story line unfolded - The quiet moments that lulled us into a feeling of serenity and tranquility followed by sudden and unexpected twists and turns that leave us gasping for breath
A must read for those who enjoy dark psychological thrillers
"Is it possible to experience love and hate at the same time for a person?" "Yes, yes it is." - Micaden's Madness
Amazon 


The Kiss ThiefThe Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
"Break. Crack. Feel me. Accept me."
He saw an opportunity - He took it - She was his Nemesis and soon she would be his instrument for revenge
She was in love - She peeked -She could see her future unveil before her- Angelo -He stole it - Narcissus
He saw her first - Loved her first - She was his - His light - His future - Until she was no longer his - Goddess
Frankie is everything I love in a heroine - Witty, Determined, Intelligent, Fun. Her age did not really seem a factor within the storyline. I honestly only would remember because it was brought up. Her love for Angelo was so pure and filled with such childhood innocence.
Angelo was determined to free Frankie from Wolfe. Compromised or not his love for her would conquer
Wolfe wanted what he wanted and took it. Wolfe does not compromise. He demands, He rules and he has no qualms with regards to the carnage left in his wake and I love him for it.
I found myself reading this in one sitting - The storyline flows seamlessly and it was easy to get lost in the myriad of emotions that cascades from the pages - Wolfe is out for revenge and Francesca becomes his ultimate tool to acquire it. Angelo and Frankie have been in love since childhood, no one questioned that they would make a future together. Can true love actually find its way through this tangled mess?
There are times in the storyline I would have liked a bit more also a few times I wanted to wring Frankie's neck. Oh and wait for it!! There are some shockers revealed that left me breathless
A must read for 2019!
Amazon


CrucibleCrucible by Natalie Bennett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Let's play a game🎭
NO! I need more pleeeassseee
This is the prequel to the Affliction series and to say that it entices and teases the reader leaving them wanting more is an understatement
I have so many questions- and zero answers - this sets the foundation for this series but just the bare framework - Why her? What happened to the missing ones? What is the real end game?
Can Rae survive long enough to win?
This had me on edge - bouncing from yummy 😋 man candy to breathe holding, heart-pounding white knuckling of my kindle
As always Bennett delivers a dark and bloody brilliant romance that is guaranteed to entice and entertain its reader
Amazon

Bitter Sweet Hell (Hell Night, #2)Bitter Sweet Hell by Alex Grayson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A whole new level of Hell has come to Malus
Bloodier - Darker - More Delicious
This is book two in the Hell Night series
This is JW's story and if you are not familiar with this series might I suggest you begin at the beginning.
Though Bitter Sweet is a whole lot darker and definitely carries the reader boldly into the thriller/horror category it also (IMO) provided a lot more of the background and foundation for this series.
Be prepared, this one pulls at the heartstrings. JW IMO is right below EMO with regards to the physical horrors and psychological trauma experienced during their childhoods. I do wish we were given a closer look at JW emotionally - His character is a strong presence and easy to attach to, he is a sweetie, but I wanted something from him that I felt was lacking - honestly not sure what but I felt something was missing
Eden is running from her ex who believes she has acquired something that she should not have - And ends up directly in JW's path. These two combust from the beginning.
Eden is a bit naive or maybe she just chooses to only see the good? Probably the later, she is so trusting and has the biggest heart. My heart broke for her, she was so torn between doing the right thing yet keeping herself protected. There were some twists in this one that definitely left me shattered others tested my boundaries.
Again - this is book two in the series I strongly recommend reading book one first
Bitter Sweet is an in your face graphic story - heed the warning - if you do not normally read true dark thrillers/horrors and romances or you are in any way squeamish when it comes to blood, death, torture etc, might I suggest you choose a different series?
For those who enjoy the darker side of reading -
Welcome to Malus
Amazon


Legends of Lust: Erotic Myths from around the WorldLegends of Lust: Erotic Myths from around the World by Autumn Bardot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Gods and Goddess' was this a fabulous read 💕
This is my first time reading this author and definitely will not be my last
Legends of Lust is a collection of sensually erotic shorts that truly captivate and entertain the reader - A carnal journey that takes a closer looker at some of the greatest love stories in mythology - a little bit of embellishment and imagination was used during creation - but you never know it could have happened that way 😉
I found myself endeared to the characters almost upon entering their stories - I could not choose a favorite among them
This is a perfect "nightstand" collection as each short read is independent and therefore can be read as a standalone
Amazon

#bookreview #Thriller #darkromance #erotica #romance #secondchance #horror
#serialkillerromance #kindleunlimited #mythology
#SiobhanDavis #VFMason #ljshen #nataliebennett #alexgrayson #autumnbardot

Comments