Skip to main content

📚 A Peek At Our Week 💖01/06/2019

💖 OUR WEEK IN REVIEWS 💖


🐺 Midnight Touch by L. Ann
🔗 Exquisite Possession by Cari Silverwood
🎭 Tears of Glass by Anna Bloom
💖 Vassily: Perfect Pain by Alice May Ball
💋 Cavalier by T.L. Smith
🎶 Behind the Lights by T.L. Travis
Behind the Lights (Social Sinners #1)Behind the Lights by T.L. Travis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

🎶 Wonderfully touching beginning💞

"I’ll spend the rest of my life making sure he knows how much I love him.”

I just closed social sinners and am a bit teary eyed- I truly couldn't put it down.
A heartfelt , funny and wonderfully emotional read

This is told from Joey's POV.
It is the first in series and from my understanding the only true "standalone".
Travis does a magical job of setting the stage and tone for this series.
We journey with Joey from the present day back to childhood and then forward again to the present day giving us an emotional attachment to each of the characters. Be prepared it is a very emotional journey, I laughed, I wanted to do some head knocking and I cried.
I definitely recommend and if you are new to the MM genre this is a fabulous place to start your journey
#kindleunlimited #MMRomance #rockstarromance
AMAZON


Cavalier (Crimson Elite, #1)Cavalier by T.L. Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"It's a kiss that makes the stars sing. A Kiss that begins all great loves stories, this is our great love story"

I WANT MORE NOW!
This is the first in a new series and I was given a comp copy to read - Going in I was expecting the same ole - entertaining to be sure (Smith has a varied writing style) but obviously it has been done before - Four friends all a bit damaged, An elite club that knows no bounds, power, and money - I asked myself how could this be any different?
It Is - because it is a love story told the way it should be
Raw - Unapologetic - Emotional - Heart palpating - Fun (yes there is a lot of light mixed within the dark)
"She isn't between us. She's before you. There is a difference." -Creed

Elicea does not bow to her fears but she does to his kisses - I adored her character from the beginning she does not take chit from anyone and she doesn't play the wishy-washy I am powerful one minute but poor me save me the next - She stands tall even when her legs are barely holding her up

Creed bathes in his darkness, he does not do emotions they are messy and unnecessary - his job is to pick the players - But for her, he will turn the world upside down. I loved watching him battle with his inner Creed

I do wish this was a bit longer (yes I am greedy- no shame in that) and I have so many questions - I really liked the way the breadcrumbs were scattered throughout the story we were given just enough backstory to keep the edge off but not quite enough to satisfy our hunger. I am eager to read everyone's stories - especially D's I think his story is going to be epic
#Romance #Crime #Suspense
Amazon   Nook  Walmart


Vassily: Perfect Pain - A bad boy Mafia dark romanceVassily: Perfect Pain - A bad boy Mafia dark romance by Alice May Ball
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

💖
I want more!
I fell in love with Katya and Vassily - I cannot remember the last time I encountered two such engaging and entertaining characters
I have so many questions still - it truly pained me to come to the end of their story
Katya - Who? Why? Where? She is strong, intelligent and determined. I do not think she fell into the "save me you big hunk of alpha man" category once - While at the same time she still had an emotionally vulnerable side to her
Vassily - A businessman - A killer - He was so easy to like - He was arrogant and a touch controlling? but still, he was easy to connect with

There are so many possible secondary story lines and vibrant characters within this read that I am eager to see where the author takes us - I did come into this series at this book so obviously, I will have to go back to the beginning
If you enjoy the crime genre then this is a must read
#romance #crime #action
Amazon 


Tears of Glass (Tears Of... Book 2)Tears of Glass by Anna Bloom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sometimes it's the little things we fail to see

"This isn’t about seconds. It’s about all the firsts."
This ends on a bit of a twisty cliffhanger 😳 leaving me concerned as to what this will mean for the future of our couple. They have both lost enough and have overcome so many obstacles.
"I give him a small smile, but I can’t say I accept his apology. I don’t give second chances. Not to anyone."
I will admit I was a bit upset with Faith though Eli probably could have handled things a whole lot better as well. Faith tries to come to terms with her past and what the future holds for her if she is only willing to let go and move forward. The question is can she find herself before she falls into despair? Will her choices and fears cost her Eli?
There are so many secrets revealed in Tears of Glass and I felt as though I was constantly on edge - At the turn of every chapter was a new hurdle or twist tossed into the story - Oh, and I think one of the OMG 😲 moments wasn't an accident!
😥
This is the second book in the series and it is NOT a standalone
#romance  #womensfiction #contemporary
Amazon


Exquisite Possession (The Machinery of Desire, #4)Exquisite Possession by Cari Silverwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow - Speechless
I don't think this could have ended any different - it was the perfect ending to Ji's story - You can rest assured we have not heard the last from Aerthe - (Or at least I hope not - I have so many questions and needs -there are some secondary characters that I would love more of)

Exquisite Possession is Ji's story and it was everything I hoped for and so much more. I have always had a soft spot for him - his character was endearing from book one and watching him develop and "humanize" has been such a fantastic journey- a bit sad to see it end - leaves me feeling a bit "wiffly-waffly"

This is the fourth book in this series and you must (not an option here) read the previous three books to truly get the depth of depravity and evil that thrives on this side of the portal. This is not for the faint or those who do not normally bathe in the glow of depravity - This is fantasy! (wanted to throw that out there because yeah 🙄) - Ji promised to find Fern and he intends to keep that promise even if Fern is not so on board with this idea. Fern is such a strong and independent heroine - she has survived the evil of the Judge and she has built herself a life despite the harsh reality she finds herself in- like all of the women within this series - she will only expose the soft of her underbelly to an Alpha worthy of her strength.

"A World of immorality and daily carnage"
- just resting there
- one click away
- waiting for you to explore
#dystopian #sciencefiction #darkromance
Amazon


Midnight Touch (Midnight Pack, #1)Midnight Touch by L. Ann
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Intense - Emotional - An absolute must read!
Midnight Touch is everything I look for in a paranormal romance
From the opening scene, I was hooked!
This is one of those reads that is so engaging that you startle yourself with that strong exhale when you are shocked or when you smirk out loud because the scene warrants nothing less - You don't notice the subtle shift of your eyebrow when you question their actions (but your kids do) or the out loud laugh that leaves your lips when you can't help but say "on no you didn't"
This is what Midnight Touch provides for its reader - the full experience

The characters - Where do I even start - This does focus on two main characters but the background also provides for strong secondary story lines to be occurring and gaining ground at the same time - definitely engaged my need for more. All the characters are vivid and winsome
Shaun is sexy, sweet and all flavors of yummy - He radiates strength while at the same time he feels safe - he is the big teddy bear you hold in the dark
Cassie - OMG -that poor girl I do not know what else to say - she is all kinds of lovable
Gemma is Cassie's sister and has a core of steel
Deacon - Okay, I honestly think he is my favorite character - the sassy bad boy who is hiding his pain until the right woman saves him from himself (okay we do not know that for certain but I can hope)He his all Alpha all the time
And then there is Isabella - She kicks @r$e - her character radiates such strength and understanding and I have so many questions about her
and then Cormack - THE Alpha- I can not wait to crack his heart open

This is a first in series and if it is even a glimpse at what we can expect from future releases are we in for one wonderfully enchanting and adventurous journey
#paranormal #urban #shifters #pnr
Amazon Nook Walmart

View all my reviews

#MidnightTouch #LAnn #ExquisitePossession #CariSilverwood
#TearsofGlass #AnnaBloom #Vassily #AliceMayBall
#Cavalier #TLSmith #BehindtheLights #TLTravis
#paranormal #pnr #MMRomance #rockstarromance
#dystopian #sciencefiction #darkromance #romanticsuspense

Comments