Skip to main content

🧐 A Peek at Our Week 📚02/03/19 📚Reviews and Recommendations

💖 OUR WEEK IN REVIEW

🚨 Hard Time by Loki Renard
🔗 Bound by Dani René
⚡  Volatile Obsessions by Dee Garcia
🗽 Elite by Elizabeth SaFleur
⏳  Bad Deal by Faith Ryan
🧝  Warrior Nights by Sheryl Nantus
Hard TimeHard Time by Loki Renard

Rico stole my heart 😍
This was such a uniquely different twist on the typical mafia type romance reads
Jasmine is a mafia princess - Rich, Spoiled, On the surface it seems she has it all - but the truth is so much darker
Rico has his eyes set on bringing down the Francoise family - He has targeted what he believes to be the weakest link, Jasmine
He has a plan, but even the best-laid plans can be derailed in the blink of an eye - Will his oversight cost him everything?
I was caught and held from the beginning -
Not only are the characters scintillating but the story line easily entrances the reader
The plot twists and OMG moments just kept coming keeping me on edge and fighting not to peek ahead to soothe my nerves
And the twist with the brother 😱 yeah I am thinking we will get those answers in book two
This is an older man/younger woman romantic suspense domestic discipline standalone (that was a mouthful 🤭)
Amazon


Bound (Sins of Seven #5)Bound by Dani René

I am a big fan of the Sins of Seven series and Bound just cinched that desire anew -
I had a bit of trouble in the beginning but once the story began to unravel I was unable to look away - The moment of revelation was one I will not soon forget - I can truly say hold on this one gets a bit bumpy

Savannah had originally come to the club with a darker intent than just exploring her submissive side - She had researched Mason and he was what she wanted and she knew just how to get him
Mason has his secrets - some much darker than others - four years ago when Savannah walked into his club he knew she was an answer to his unknown question - Then Mason could never have envisioned the events that simple decision would set into motion
Can two tormented and lost souls find mercy in a world that offered only darkness?
Can the woven web of lies and betrayal be unbound and if so can forgiveness be granted?
Another exceptional addition to the Seven Sins Series
Amazon


Volatile ObsessionsVolatile Obsessions by Dee Garcia

Two of the most unique main characters I have encountered in quite a while - Not one thing followed the norm -
Colorful - Unique - Creative - Raw
King's character took all my preconceived ideas about Alpha male leads and just pummeled them
Rome was everything you could want in a strong male lead! He was dark demanding and determined - I would not want to be his enemy -
Lux where do I even start with her - she took the crap life handed her and created something beautiful - and she was going to protect her world at any cost
From the opening this was a roller coaster ride of emotions for me - it had its slow and steady scenes that kept me engaged and entertained -then I would suddenly find myself plummeting into a dark abyss that had me holding my breath and gripping my reader praying the next page would show some small kindness to the characters I had become so attached to.
Raw - Real - A true romance that left me a bit broken yet feeling complete
Amazon  Kobo/Walmart  Nook  BookBub


Elite (Elite Doms of Washington #1)Elite by Elizabeth SaFleur

This was my first book by SaFleur
I truly enjoyed her writing style - it was distinctive and her characters stayed true to their original makeup evolving slowly as the plot line unraveled - There was no drastic "OMG you saved me and I am now this terrific person and love the world"
The storyline was easy to follow with strong main and supporting characters.
I also found the chemistry between Christina and Jonathon quite explosive
Christiana is an intelligent hard working (overworked actually) young woman - Her life experiences have created, IMO, an almost constant need for affirmation. It seems to have molded her into a bit of a people pleaser - her BFF is a socialite (a bit spoiled and not my favorite character) their unique friendship has allowed her to experience both worlds. Her character comes across as mature and emotionally developed beyond her years - For some reason that I truly can not define I had trouble connecting with her character. She is well written and portrayed I just did not click with her
Jonathon quite possibly needs his Dom card revoked - Overall his character is likable and I did enjoy watching him blunder through his mistakes and finally figure out that he himself might have some growing up to do
There are some plot twists and a bit of suspense woven into this older man/younger woman love story
Overall a sweet romance that touches the heart
**This is currently #free on all platforms except Amazon**
Amazon  Kobo/Walmart  Nook  Bookbub


Bad Deal (Belikov Crime Family, #1)Bad Deal by Faith Ryan

Where do I even start!
I absolutely Loved 💘 the emotional turmoil between Ruslan and Jacoby -
The story line is intense and carries an air of tenebrosity that tested even my resolution - and I spend a lot of time in the deep end of the "dark romance" genre
The Characters -
Jacoby just clicked for me - He was strong emotionally and definitely contained the heart of a survivor while at the same time he emitted an innocence to him that called to me - I wanted to protect him, hold him, let him know it was going to be okay. He was loyal to a fault - yet IMO his loyalty was misplaced and at times abused. Not by Ruslan (you have to read it 🙄)
Scar was Jacoby's best friend and blood relation to the club president. And maybe Jacoby had a crush on him and suffered a bit with hero worship. The two were practically inseparable since childhood - there is a whole story to that -again though, you got to read it
Ruslan is Heartless - Vicious and runs his crew with an iron hammer - As the leader of the local mafia he has no qualms with erasing little problems as well as larger ones > Permanently - I must say his methods can be a bit "picturesque". I believe there is so much more to him than what we are given and I truly hope we are given some insight to his psyche
Victor is Ruslan's brother and a true psychopath - you think Ruslan has a few screws loose wait till you see how Victor plays - He is just plain scary.
There is a few more characters that play secondary roles within the story line many I firmly believe will be key players in the series
The story is fast paced and keeps the reader on edge (I read this in one sitting) from the opening scene to the "WTH just happened" and "I still have so many questions" ending - Yes I was a bit upset with the closing scenes - Am I being spoiled? Possibly - Do I have a chit load of questions with no answers? Most definitely. Do I want book two now? Yes
A quick ending note on a physical level this story is HOLY H E L L what did I just read -
Please Please if true dark romance that leaves little to the imagination and tests your every boundary is not your thing - Might I suggest you pass on this one
Amazon  Kobo/Walmart  Nook  BookBub


Warrior Nights (Odin's Bastards, #2)Warrior Nights by Sheryl Nantus

A phenomenal mix of the mundane and the magical!
The story line was a fast-paced but smoothly flowing - From the opening storm to the final strike of lightning - I was engaged and excited with the turn of each page to see what surprises were in store for our cast next. The author did a superb job of building the suspense tossing in some substantial twists and casting a bit of misdirection throughout the story line
The
Characters -
Liam- A retired assassin who just wanted to start over - was that too much to ask?
Kara - An amnesia suffering heroine that we truly do not know a whole lot about - she gets flashes of memory but are they real? or is she truly losing her mind?
A small town of very entertaining and at times surprising supporting characters
Warrior Nights is filled with action and suspense with a background of romance
Does not disappoint!
Definitely, recommend for those who enjoy fantasy/paranormal packed with action and suspense
*Note - This is the first book I have read from this author, the copy I read was a comp to me, from my understanding this is not the first in this series - I had no trouble reading this as a standalone and will be investigating this author further as I found her work well written and highly entertaining
Amazon  Kobo/Walmart  Nook  Bookbub


#mythology #romance #darkromance #paranormal #erotica
#bdsm #mafia #multicultural #interracial #romanticsuspense
#organizedcrime #gayromance
#SherylNantus #LokiRenard  #FaithRyan #DaniRené #DeeGarcia #ElizabethSaFleur
#HardTime #Bound #VolatileObsessions #Elite #BadDeal #WarriorNights
#netgalley #bookrecommendations #bookreview #bookstagram #bookcovers #booklovers

Comments