Skip to main content

🧐 A Peek at Our Week 📚 Reviews and Recommendations


💖 WHAT WE PICKED THIS WEEK 💖
📚  03/24/2019 📚

🎭 The Real Thing by Marina Simcoe
👶 Surprise, Baby! by Lex Martin
🤖 Delirium by Myra Danvers
🤠 Gruff Ass in Love by Sasha Burke
🔥 King Of Flames by Kathryn Ann Kingsley
🐺 Bane by Claire Marta

GOODREADS  AMAZON   BOOKBUB

The Real ThingThe Real Thing by Marina Simcoe

Angela is fascinated by Marcus and not just with his fantastic illusions - it's the emptiness in his eyes that calls to her. Being the curious girl she is and having the need to 'fix' what she can, she finds herself becoming somewhat obsessed with the mystery that is Marcus.
After an impromptu street performance, Marcus is approached by a woman who claims to know the truth - His first instinct is defensive. What does she want from him? When she flees after leaving him speechless. He finds he needs to know more about her. Curious still he seeks out that which calls to him.
This was such a unique idea for a story. I was quite intrigued when I came across the blurb. It was a sweet and entertaining slow to build romance. The two main characters are easy to connect with, both are pretty down to earth and quite likable. The story itself is a bit slow at times but for the most part, keeps a steady pace and is an entertaining read. IMO it lacked strong conflict or angst within the story. There were a couple of small problems easily dealt with nothing that really got my emotions engaged. It was more a look at two lives who were so vastly different yet both so alike. Despite Marcus' popularity, he was still so alone. Angela had also found a way to close off any real bonds also.
I enjoyed watching them grow together. Marcus really is the sweetest H.
Amazon

Surprise, Baby!Surprise, Baby! by Lex Martin

"Try not, sweetheart. Do or do not"
What a fantastical journey!
Drew is a sexy good looking Instagram sensation that has made it his life goal to enjoy every sin offered - some even twice.
Kendall is Ms. no nonsense. She has had to suffer Drew and his antics for years since they share mutual friends. Every time he enters her breathing space he sets her nerves afire because he is nothing but trouble it couldn't possibly because she feels anything for him? Right?
When Kendall and Drew find themselves in a bit of a predicament hearts begin to thaw as the chemistry between them sparks to life leaving them both with lasting memories
This was such a funny, sweet and downright "hits all the feels good notes" romance
This is a standalone from the "all about the D" series.
The copy I read was comp
Amazon  Kobo  Google  Nook

Delirium (Atom and Evil, #1)Delirium by Myra Danvers

What do you get when you blend a bit of angst with a touch of humor?
Iris
What do you get when you have a dash of genius mixed with a dose of madness?
Fleur
Let me start by saying this ends on a cliff hanger - most really good series do (just like a television shows season finale) I just want you to know this going in
Now on to my thoughts regarding the absolutely entertaining and complete madness that is Delirium!
I am in love! Iris (and all her sociopath personalities) is the bomb! She is a genius with no #@k$ left to give! Which makes her quite dangerous but very very entertaining
This story is filled with so many fantastic cast members! We have Levi, Big Evil, Daxx, Maahes, just to name a few.
How Danvers brought together such a vastly different group of personalities and made them so vivid .. Makes me wonder what it looks like inside her mind?
This is one of those series that you just do not pass up!
The story line is complex yet it is presented in a flawless manner keeping the reader engaged and entertained
I found myself drug through the black hole that is my kindle and captured from the opening scene to the closing
I need, want the next in series
Amazon

Gruff Ass in Love (Hard, Fast, and Forever Book 3)Gruff Ass in Love by Sasha Burke

This started out really strong. I was loving the clumsy innocence of our heroine and the sweet and patient over-protectiveness of our hero. The characters are well crafted and even the supporting brought a little something extra to the story.
The storyline was smooth with most of the scenes blending seamlessly into one another making for an easy read. The chemistry between the main characters was off the charts explosive. I really did enjoy them as a couple.
I got a bit hung when it came to Cade's full speed ahead then suddenly slam to a stop antics. And Katelyn, I adored the clumsiness and the innocence- but in my eyes, that does not equate to someone lacking in sense. I felt too often her intelligence and awareness of what was going on was downplayed.
For the most part, a very enjoyable romance that had me laughing, swooning and overall entertained.
The copy I read was comp
Amazon

King Of Flames (The Masks of Under Book 1)King Of Flames by Kathryn Ann Kingsley

The ultimate fantasy experience!
This has to be one of the top ten fantasy/paranormal reads of the year.
"Panic Later. Deal with this First. Panic Later" - Lydia's Gran
This was Lydia's mantra throughout this amazingly entertaining and riveting journey that was King of Flames.
I truly can not recall the last time I was so bewitched by a read - It had such an eccentric cast of characters. It was fast-paced, twisted definitely kept me on my toes! One moment I would find myself in a scene that had me wanting to look away until it was over and then the next I was gasping for breath from laughing so hard. And Lydia what a refreshing in your face collection of intensely crazy and "it is what it is". I loved her! She was genuine and fun and intelligent and her sidekick Nick, yeah loved him too.
I truly can not express what a blast this was to read. The universe that Kingsley created was so vivid and this was just an opening glimpse. I am truly excited to see where she takes us.
This ends on a hellacious cliff hanger - The kind that had me screaming " H @ll NO!!" my son laughed at me - no kidding
I am not giving spoilers. The story line is in the blurb. I will say if you are looking for a read that will have you cringing, laughing, a bit spooked, really curious and all the emotions in between - ONE CLICK
Amazon 

Bane (Carnal Pleasures #1)Bane by Claire Marta

One very growly bad boy - Bane - has been tasked to be "tamed" at the hands of one very demanding Master - Adam
Can two complete opposites find common ground? Will Adam turn from Bane upon discovering his darkest 'secret'?
If you are looking for dark and gritty IMO this is not it -
If you are looking for a romance that has all the feels and this would be it
Bane has suffered a loss and trauma that has left not only him but his wolf in a very dark place. Modern counseling and medications have not worked and things are getting darker. As a last resort, his Alpha refers him to Carnal Pleasures. Enter Adam. Adam is not looking for anything permanent but something about the broken man standing in front of him calls to his protective side. When secrets are revealed both men must reevaluate their beliefs and chose a path.
I really enjoyed this first in series. The cast was so charismatic! Some of the characters are in your face hilarious and others you can feel their auras emitting from them like tendrils seeking out its prey. This being a first in series a lot of future plot lines are hinted at and we are briefly introduced to characters but not really given a lot of detail regarding them - for obvious purposes. The story line was easy to follow and kept my heart engaged. I really fell for these two.
I need the next in series
Amazon 

#TheRealThing #SurpriseBaby #Delirium #GruffAssinLove #KingOfFlames #Bane
#MarinaSimcoe #LexMartin #MyraDanvers #SashaBurke #KathrynAnnKingsley #ClaireMarta
#romcom #contemporary #gayromance #paranormal #womensfiction #romance
#darkdystopian #dystopian #fiction #spaceopera #scifi #darkfantasy
#horror #magicalrealism  #magic #billionaire
#bookstagram #booklover #bookcover #bookblog #bookreview #bookrecommendations
#kindleunlimited #toberead #intheseries #netgalley

Comments