Skip to main content

#NewRelease ➙ Conceited (Crimson Elite Series) by TL Smith



Title: Conceited
Series: Crimson Elite Book 3
Author: T.L. Smith
Genre: Romance (standalone)
Release Date: April 16, 2019

Ariel
I would like to say we were old lovers. That once upon a time he was my everything, and I was his, but that would be a lie. He may have been mine, but I wasn’t his. I was his sister’s annoying little friend who he didn’t even know was in love with him.
Years later, after seeing him again for the first time, nothing has changed. Except now he notices me, and I will do everything in my power to avoid him. Because Falcon is the most conceited man on this planet, and because when he looks at me with steel eyes, my heart still misses a beat.
Falcon
I get what I want, and I’m never denied anything either. It’s my charm. It’s hard to say no to something you never knew you desired until I’m standing in front of you. That’s not just who I am, it’s what I do. I help men achieve everything they have ever wanted.
Most people would go to great lengths to be near me. Yet, my sweet Ariel, I can’t even get her to stay in the same room as me. Maybe it’s because I told her I would be the best lay of her life—that has to be it—and once I’m finished with her, she’s avoiding being disappointed by every other man for the rest of her life.
It couldn’t possibly be anything else, because let’s face it, I’m perfect.

 
I don't give out that many five star ratings but when I find myself so lost in a story that I laugh out loud with the characters or catch myself arching a brow at their antics - that for me is a perfect read. 
The cast from Crimson Elite is so vivid, as a reader, it is easy to connect with them on a deeper level, the kind where they stay with you long after you close the pages 

"I was once scared like you. Funny thing, that is. "

I loved them! Falcon and Raven might be my favorite couple!
The two of them together were explosive. 
Raven had me in stitches! She is witty, smart and definitely holds her own when it comes to Falcon. I was dying each time our girl knocked him back a peg. 
Falcon was the most arrogant, self-centered, head over heels in love, alpha arse. I almost felt a teeny bit sorry for him towards the end. 
There is past history between these two and it is was as much of a mess then as their current predicament is now

From the moment you enter the pages of Conceited, you will find yourself captured - be prepared for lots of twists and a few surprises and a touch of angst 
( Oh and "D" just a word for you - Karma )

I don't know if this is listed as a standalone, I'm sure it could be read that way -
It is easy to follow but IMO you should read the first two books. It gives you more background regarding the supporting characters and their roles and also allows for a stronger emotional connection and immersion into the story.

HOSTED BY:
#Conceited #CrimsonElite #Romance #TLSmith
#ConceitedTLSmith #ConceitedRelease #TLSmithCrimsonElite

Comments