Skip to main content

🧐 A Peek at Our Week 📚 Reviews and Recommendations


💖 WHAT WE PICKED THIS WEEK 💖
📚  04/07/19 📚

🗡️ The Five by Lily White
👤 King Of Shadows by Kathryn Ann Kingsley
💔 Angel Bonds by Lexi C. Foss
🐺 Midnight Temptation by L. Ann
⚖️ Judge of Hell by Alex Grayson
🖻 In Plain Sight by Ally Michelle

Amazon  BookBub  Goodreads

The FiveThe Five by Lily White

"a virus infecting every waking moment" - Justin

That was how I felt for a long while after I closed the pages of The Five.
I was merely a passenger riding along with Justin as Rainey took hold of our sanity and fled with it.
I sat there each morning and listened to her tale with a sense of awe and horror as she retold her story. As she shed light on the existence that was Rainey Day. I don't know if we got all the answers we were originally looking for but I do know that in many ways justice was served.

Some promises are forever

Just a bit of a heads up - Rainey holds nothing back and makes no apologies in her retelling. So if you have triggers or a weak stomach I might suggest you save this journey for another  Rainey Summer Day.
Amazon  


King Of Shadows (The Masks of Under #2)King Of Shadows by Kathryn Ann Kingsley

😭 My heart is breaking

"Crying won't help. Begging won't work. I can't run, and struggling will do more harm than good. I...I've lost. The only thing left to do is die with pride, " - Lydia to the King of Shadows

🛑 This is book 2 in the series and if you haven't read book one turn back now 'cause you really really will want to.
NO SPOILERS
There is so much that develops in this second installment and I truly do not want to give away anything that might spoil how this unfolds -
The above is from the beginning of Shadows. We pick up right where we left off in book one. Aon is back and damnnnnn if you thought he was sadistic in her dreams - He is so much more in the flesh.
Lydia is still taking things as they come - Can't beat them find a way around them 😂 I love her character! One of my top five favorite heroines.
The other houses are unsure of what to make of her. Good? Evil? A Fluke? Edu still believes Lydia will be the key to the downfall of Under and is determined that Aon knows something or is using her for his own nefarious purposes.

As plots unfold and truths are revealed
Enemies become allies and trusted friends? Become the blade buried in your back.

If you are a fan of intense fantasy that truly captivates its readers than this is a must own series!
I was not able to put this down, honestly, I read this undisturbed in one sitting.
I need book three now!
Amazon  


Angel Bonds (Immortal Curse #6)Angel Bonds by Lexi C. Foss

I truly do not have any words to adequately describe the journey and emotional rollercoaster that was Angel Bonds.
I cried (we are talking ugly cry)- I laughed- I hoped- I cringed and I raged.
For every sacrifice, every triumph, every loss - I was there

This is NOT standalone - You need to start from the beginning
I promise you this series is a journey that is worthy of your complete attention

**Note ** Before you begin might I suggest the following-
* Tissue (lost of tissue)
* Water or Alcohol (I would go with the strong stuff)
* A safe place, preferably one where you can ugly cry - where you can sniffle (the gross noisy kind that goes with the ugly cry) - where you can scream and rage without fear of retribution (since only you can see the characters I would mark this one as the most important)
* The following day off of any adulting that is normally required, you will need the recovery time

I became a part of the Immortal Curse family when I took a chance with Blood Laws and with each new release I have only grown more vested.
Angel Bonds checked every one of my must have boxes for a five-star read
✓ Angst (in abundance)
✓ Suspense (white knuckling)
✓ A cast of misfit and completely inappropriate characters (in spades)
✓ Comedy (the till your side hurts kind)
✓ Romance (Forever kind)
Foss brings her stories to life in a way that is truly magical.
Easily transporting the reader across dimensions, captivating them and making them a part of the story, not just an observer of events.

I have said this before and will say it again:
This is one of the best paranormal series out there to date!
A must read series for anyone who enjoys the paranormal genre.
Amazon  Kobo  Nook  Apple  Google


Midnight Temptation (Midnight Pack, #2)Midnight Temptation by L. Ann

Temptation picks up pretty close to where we left off at the end of Midnight Touch (book 1).
The pack finds Gemma and Shaun and now they must find a way to help them both recover from the horrors Damien had inflicted upon them.
Deacon (I absolutely adore his character) senses something is off with Gemma, the pack is treating her with kid gloves but something is missing from 'his' Gemma and he will do everything he can to fix it (Though if you ask him he will adamantly deny this)
Deacon (not that she will admit either have become her world).
Deacon denies his own feelings towards Gemma, rationalizing that it is 'just the right thing to do'. He also finds she responds best to him when he gets her hackles are up.
Gemma is carrying her own secrets and once they are revealed it may cost her everything - including the safety of the pack and
I love the chemistry and the comical dance of denial these two have.
As the pack looks for answers it seems the mystery only gets more convoluted. As secrets are exposed past beliefs come into question and those they once trusted fall close to enemy lines.
Amidst all the chaos
This is such an intense and exciting series -
The world building is creative and the characters are diverse and entertaining
Oh and I think I know who falls to the mating call next 😏
Amazon  


Judge of Hell (Hell Night, #3)Judge of Hell by Alex Grayson

I do so love when an author takes a story in a direction that is completely unexpected. Judge's story one surprise after another
I was not able to put this down!
Since this is NOT a standalone read I am going to assume you know the characters and their backstories.
How do I do this without spoilers?
Ellie - I liked her character, it took me a while to warm up to her and despite her reasoning behind doing what she did, I (like another character in the story, OMG so not giving this away) just cannot completely absolve her - but we can be friends.
Judge - He has always been the calm one, the peacemaker. He analyzes then reacts with forethought. He had his soft side but it was always guarded. In Judge of Hell, we get to see the real man - The heart that he keeps so carefully protected is exposed and let me say I think he may be my second favorite of the brothers.
This was non stop action - past secrets are uncovered - questions are answered - justice is served and some very special bonds are made (I think for me this was one of the more emotional parts of this read)
We are getting so close to the answers on what really happened that last night in Hell
Amazon   Kobo  Nook


In Plain SightIn Plain Sight by Ally Michelle

No way! Not sure how I feel about that!
(though that was probably the point 🙄)
Thomas has it all - A great job, A sexy (though a bit costly and overall selfish) girlfriend and a best mate he has known since middle school. Life is good. Until a stranger's obsession with him invades (quite literally) his life. Not knowing who to trust Thomas' fear slowly begins to affect his daily life. Unable to function or even sleep Thomas ends up at Mason's - the only place he feels safe.
As things slowly unravel emotions are revealed and Thomas discovers he has always had his one true love within arms reach.
The chemistry between Mason and Thomas is explosive, and the way their relationship developed- perfect romance 😍
I read this cover to cover in one sitting- I am still a bit shocked at the turn of events!
If this was my world my first instinct would have been to RUN!
Suspense - check
Oh hell no moments - double check
Steamy first love - TNT check
Amazon 


#TheFive #KingOfShadows #AngelBonds #InPlainSight
#MidnightTemptation #JudgeofHell
#LilyWhite #LexiCFoss #AllyMichelle
#KathrynAnnKingsley #LAnn #AlexGrayson

#romanticsuspense #thriller #mystery #horror
#darkfantasy #suspense #gothic #romance #paranormal
#shifter #fantasy #lgbt #gayromance

Comments