Skip to main content

#BookTour #KU ➙ More Than Just a Pair of Pumps by Alexandra Iff


Title: More Than Just a Pair of Pumps
Author: Alexandra Iff
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Gutsy and stubborn 24 year old Trinity Parker is more than thrilled when she lands a job in a top New York fashion store, crunching numbers in the back office. As luck would have it, it’s on her first day there that she ends up heroically foiling a robbery. Or so she thinks.
The man she thought was stealing, Dimitri DuPont, a handsome and rich distinguished gentleman, insists Trinity apologizes to him for her assumptions. In fact, he demands more.
Dimitri is a man one cannot say no to. So she doesn’t. She succumbs.
Soon, her life becomes a tangled web full of lies and deceit and Dimitri DuPont, the one person who’s been there through it all, takes her out of her comfort zone and leads her on a voyage of discovery.
Will he be the anchor that she needs or the catalyst that blows her world apart?
* * * * * * * * * * Read the excerpt below and fall in love with Trinity and Dimitri instantly:* * * * * * * * * *  “Look at me Miss Parker. I want to see your face.” I’ve stopped breathing, and I don’t know what else to say. I hear him moving closer, sitting beside me.  “Hey,” his fingers gently pinch my chin, and slowly pull me to him. My face is bright red, I feel it burning, and the moment his dark eyes land on me, I’m pulled into the void.  “You are beautiful.”  Caught in the carnal web spinning around me, ever so slightly I move closer, and stop breathing again.  “I would love to kiss you, Miss Parker.”  “Do it.”  Inaudible words spoken in a moment of madness; my eyes close and I fall victim to his ways.  “Tell me how you want it…” held in his strong grip, he gingerly rubs our lips together. “Like this,” he nips my lower lip playfully. “Or like this,” his tongue gently glides over the corners of my lips and, as if spellbound, my mouth opens… Wanting, no, needing his kiss. “Or…” he unexpectedly inserts his tongue deep inside my mouth, taking me by surprise and expelling the remainder of doubt I had. I moan; helpless, I’m at his mercy. He’s holding my jaw firmly in his hand and he is leading this game. I...I’m just sitting here, drowning in what seems like a dream full of endorphins, I never want to wake up from. He pulls back just as fast, and, breathing raggedly, he stays there, on the precipice of our kiss, breathing in my air.  “Please… Don’t stop…” I hear myself speak. I’ve never had a kiss like this. So alive. So possessive. So…carnal. He kisses me again with so much fervor I mold into him. My body…I feel it wants more. It moves forward, into him. His body reacts, but I feel his hands ease off, subtly pushing me away from him. Separated by only the air, although connected in so many other ways, we are both panting.  “If I don’t stop now, I’m not going to be able to stop myself.”  My pupils are dilated, my nostrils flared, I’m breathing like I’ve run a marathon.  “Dimitri...,” I lean back, trying to catch my breath. “You are one hell of a kisser, Miss Parker.” “I-I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me.”  Fully absorbed by the memory of our kiss, I’m still high.  “Do you always kiss like that?” “I don’t kiss at all. Um.. I mean… I don’t know. How did I kiss?” What is wrong with the way I kiss? “It felt so…” he closes his eyes, knitting his eyebrows. “Perfect. It was like…Like you were hungry for me. Like you haven’t kissed anyone in years.”  “You are my first kiss in six years.”
"WOW! I'm a hot mess of all kinds of confusing emotions after this story, but I couldn't turn the pages quickly enough!
"More Than Just Pair of Pumps has a sexy fairy tale tone to it due to the characters feelings of attraction within hours, a gorgeous man and strong-minded woman, the love of a pair of heels and friends that are there when needed. The characters lies and deceits will keep you guessing until the end. This is one enjoyable 5 Star read that I found myself not wanting to end."
"I loved the characters and their banter! Not only was it insanely well written but it was quite enjoyable to read. It was the perfect book to sit in a comfy chair and read. I read it in one sitting!"
Alexandra is living in Surrey, UK with her family and her gorgeous pup. She loves writing, drinking Champagne and Prosecco and of course, wearing high heels. Most days she is glued to her trusty laptop, creating magic, but on an odd occasion you’d find her on her social media accounts, connecting with her readers. Her Facebook page, Twitter and Goodreads account have more information on her up-and-coming events and books, but it’s her Pinterest account that will give you the biggest understanding of what’s really going on in her head. Feel free to (virtually) follow her.

HOSTED BY:
#morethanjustapairofpumps #alexandraiff #buynow #amazon #kindleunlimited #oneclick #goodreadstbr #ejbookpromos

Comments