Skip to main content

#NewRelease ➙ XV (Fifteen) ( War of Roses #1) by Author Lana Sky




Title: XV (Fifteen)
Series: War of Roses #1
Author: Lana Sky
Genre: Dark Romance
 Release Date: May 14, 2019



Blurb

WHEN HATE BECOMES OBSESSION…

Mistaken for her beautiful half-sister, Ellen Winthorp is taken captive by a madman who declares that she will be his "fifteen": the fifteenth victim of a vicious blood feud. Armed with only her instincts, Ellen must resist her captor for as long as she can—which is easier said than done the more she's exposed to the complex man beneath the beast.

Because Mischa Stepanov isn’t a mindless monster—he’s a wolf, and she’s the unwitting doe caught in his midst.

Unraveling the torment of his past may be her only hope of salvation...

Or the secrets uncovered may destroy them both.


ADD TO GOODREADS





Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU





MY THOUGHTS:
"The known is always better than the unknown"  - Ellen

I am not sure which way is up and which is down and I'm not sure how I feel about it 

This is the first in a series and Sky lays a lot of groundwork in the first half of this book.  We meet some of the major players and some of the minor ones,  who possibly may become major ones.  A few of the possible plot-lines are presented and all kinds of dark and nasty secrets are hinted at but very few are fully revealed.  Still, no idea who is on the dark side, you think I jest, at this point I honestly think the only person I trust is the one I completely loathe.
It felt like there is a lot more going on in the background and I am just missing a couple of pieces to put this all together, though I have some thoughts.  
I admit this is one of the things I both love and loathe about Sky's work. She keeps me on edge throughout her twisted tales.  I begin to question everyone's motives and I have found that the cruelest of deeds can actually be the kindest of mercies.
 With XV I felt liked I was constantly thirsty for more, I needed answers and I only found questions!!!  
The suspense is truly killing me!
Be warned this ends on a bloody big cliff hanger! 

Ellen has me on the fence as to my feelings regarding her mental stability. I swear there are times I want to shake some sense of self into her. Only getting glimpses of her past bothered me as I tried to fully grasp her thoughts.  I truly wish we had been given more as to Why? How? 

Her brother and sister also left me questioning WTF? 
And Robert?

Mischa will never be redeemable as far as I'm concerned.

I need answers - I need them now 

This is a graphic story - lots of blood, torture, darkness - all the gooey stuff vengeance is made of - just a heads up if this isn't your usual cup of tea you may want to skip this one. 
Author Bio


Lana Sky is a quirky writer from the US who dabbles in dark, paranormal and contemporary romance. Her stories aren't always typical, but contain a little something for everyone.


Author Links




#XV #Fifteen #WarofRoses #Dark #romance #LanaSky
@GiveMeBooksPR and @lanasky101

Comments