Skip to main content

#BookTour #NewRelease ➙ Crossed Lines by Lana Sky



Crossed Lines
by Lana Sky
Genre: Women's Fiction

Release Date: August 14, 2019

Psychopath. Borderline. Crazy. Seventeen-year-old Maryanne Mayweather wears each term like a badge of pride. Expelled from her twelfth boarding school, she lands on the doorstep of her flighty aunt Elaine and Elaine’s husband James, one more screw-up away from being made a ward of the state.

Once a successful author, the last thing James Thorne wants is to care for his wife's bratty teenage niece, especially with his marriage falling apart. When Maryanne crafts an elaborate plan to defame and destroy him, they both discover that words are more powerful than either of them could imagine. And as their relationship goes down a path neither envisioned, the consequences are swift and far-reaching.

Some lines weren’t meant to be crossed.



Speechless!
Quite possibly my favorite of her works to date.
I am a big fan of Sky's writing and as such, I went into this with expectations
- Shattered-
Preconceived notions of how this would play out 
- Shattered- 
Nothing was what it seemed. 
This was not her usual fare by any means in some ways it was so much more.
I have to be careful here - the slightest slip could spoil the contents. 
Unlike her previous works, this isn't physically dark. 
It is, however, a slow build story, not a romance really, more of a tale of self-discovery? 
No that isn't right either. 
Reading Crossed Lines was a bit like riding a roller coaster. The slow build of the story line was like the clicking and clacking of the coaster while on it's way to the top - a false sense of knowing what lied ahead. I was so ignorant of what truly waited for me just a few clicks away. 
Once the story peeked I couldn't put it down -trapped in the pages - my lungs fighting to breathe - then slowly the rhythmic click followed by the clack returned and with it my breath. I relaxed believing that the worst was over.
It wasn't. 

That is how I felt as I read this story 


"He made me feel seen. Heard. Wanted. Alive." - Maryanne
Such a conniving spoiled brat. Always seeking attention. Spinning tails. Sputtering lies. 

"He'd be lying if he claimed not to. But you needed him, and he didn't know how to be that for you. What you needed. " - Thorny 
The quiet professor. The washed-up writer. The worn-down husband. 

I do hope we get more of Maryanne's story. I have a feeling it is not over for her and Thorny




#crossedlines #comingofage #womensfiction #lanasky

Comments