Skip to main content

#NewRelease #KindleUnlimited ➙ Sweet Poisons (Ugly Lies, Pretty Truths Duet #1) by Natalie Bennett


Title: Sweet Poisons
Series: Ugly Lies, Pretty Truths Duet #1
Author: Natalie Bennett
Genre: NA Dark Romance
Release Date: August 6, 2019
Rhett Sullivan
Mysterious boy painted in shades of red.
Nova Markov
Eccentric girl dripping in sunshine.
He was the type mothers warned their little girls about—a cocky, rich asshole with a pretty smile, unapologetically insane and wild.
I was the type guys like him usually ignored—a free spirit who hid my crazy beneath an odd good girl facade and the art hanging on my studio walls.
We were opposites in every way but one, and we collided like two runaway trains that never had a chance of stopping.
What blossomed between us, our 'relationship,' was maniacal.
We got stuck in a cycle of madness.
Rhett Sullivan became a bittersweet poison I couldn't get enough of.
In the end, that's what destroyed me.
Because in the end?
Our love was nothing but a lie.

Run 🐇Rabbit Run

Holy snikeys you can't 😱just leave me hanging by my fingernails!
This is a quick but to the point toss you into the slaughterhouse first in duet.

We get to meet the players
We get a glimpse at the game board
We even get to watch them make a couple of moves
Just enough to get us engaged, strung out - 
Then we are tossed over the cliff

Nova has lost her family but we are not given the specifics of how but we are given some clues. She seems to be a bit of an introvert and maybe once upon a time she was the "nice girl" your parents approved of. I am not sure really. It seems the loss of her parents, the uncovering of secrets and the unknown has tipped her sanity scales a touch and not in the right direction.

Rhett, I have no idea who he is. For some reason, Nova has become his obsession after watching him and his friends I am going to go with that as being a good thing. I definitely would not want to be on the negative side of his attentions. 

Someone, at this point everyone is a suspect, has crossed some very dangerous people and they are coming to collect. I know Nova's dad is somehow involved but I have no idea how or what the man did. I also know that her friend is not to be trusted, just wait for that little revelation. There are so many directions this story can take for those who survive to the next book, which by the way I need now.

I really fought with myself on rating this one 
It wasn't the story - it wasn't the cast ~
All those things were 10 fiery stars!!
It was the editing or lack of ~ not sure what happened here
The world building, the characters the overall tone of the story was five stars without question
The editing issues bothered me
The copy I read was via kindle unlimited

Natalie Bennett is the creator of erotic stories that always come with a warning label. She writes about depraved alpha a**holes and women that love to hate them. Her books don't follow any specific tropes, have no set word counts, and tend to deviate from traditional HEA's.
When she isn't in front of her computer she's spending time with her husband and their three little boys.
Natalie is an avid fan of caramel frappes, horror movies, Shameless, and of course, reading.
You can find Natalie on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
HOSTED BY:
#sweetpoisonsreviewtour #nataliebennett #prettyliesuglytruths #duet #darkromance #novel #author #availablenow #amazon

-->

Comments