Skip to main content

🧐 OUR WEEK IN REVIEWS



OUR PICKS THIS WEEK
📕 The Red Ledger: Part 1 by Meredith Wild
🐲 Sacred Omega by Aiden Bates
⚔️ The End of Hatred by Rebecca Hefner
🏡 Into the Gray by F.E. Feeley Jr.
🕵️ Dick by Julie Morgan
🔗 Captured by Raven Dark

LOOKING FOR MORE ➡
GOODREADS  AMAZON   BOOKBUB



The Red Ledger: Part 1The Red Ledger: Part 1 by Meredith Wild
Mystery - Intrigue - Suspense
This was a fast-paced read.
Once the target is in Tristan's sites their is no stopping the events that follow - good or bad - Tristan will add a name to his ledger.
I have so many questions! Anyone who follows my reviews knows how engaged I get in a strong story line and how I enjoy the emotional connection I forge with my characters. I found Tristan easy to connect with, his character was well crafted and there was just something about his aura that called to me. Okay, I may be a bit drawn to his darkness.
Isabel was a bit naive for me in the beginning, but in all honesty, she had her reasons to believe.
As for the story line - Wow
This was one of those that brought me to the edge of my seat right from the opening and kept me there.
The story quickly switches tones from suspense to intense action then to heartfelt moments of sensual exploration only to suddenly thrust us back into the action.
My poor heart never had a chance.
Tristan has no past. His life before Jay is a complete blank. Occasionally glimpses of his possible past grace his dreams but they are like water in a sieve and quickly dissipate upon awakening. He has been okay with that, it has made life easy for him. He follows his orders, collects his rewards and moves forward. No connections, no ties, no nasty emotions.
Isabel is running from her heart. Never said she was rational.
When she becomes the next name in the ledger fate intervenes. A name cried out in a moment of weakness may be the only thing that saves her life.
One carries the answers to the past the other their hope for the future.
Can one lost soul and one broken heart find the pieces to create their perfect picture?
Amazon  Kobo  Nook  Google

Sacred Omega (Guardian Dragons, #1)Sacred Omega by Aiden Bates
🐉 A new start
It took me a bit to get invested in the story line but about a third of the way through something just clicked and I finished the rest in one sitting. I couldn't devour it fast enough.
Reese comes off a bit stodgy but truly he is a softy at heart. Answering the summons of an old friend he finds himself in uncharted territory. Not one for breaking the rules he is at a bit of a loss.
Is it possible? Are they still in existence?
Matthew just wanted a chance to further his career with a legitimate excavation, but fate seemed against him.
He finally gets an offer but it's not quite what he had in mind though for 10 grand he could give up a couple of days and give it a go.
Turns out the professor may be on to something.
Great cast, loved Mercy. Creative world-building.
A lot of foundation was laid for future episodes and a few of the cast introductions were provided in this episode.
There are some twists and wonderful surprises not to mention a sweet romance all wrapped up in a bit of suspense.
I'm interested to see where the author takes us next.
So many possibilities.
Amazon

The End of Hatred (Etherya's Earth Book 1)The End of Hatred by Rebecca Hefner
What an intense start to a new series!
I am going to open with saying I really enjoyed this read and at this point would definitely recommend the series.
The story line is engaging and detailed.
It was easy to follow what was happening and who was who even though the story line itself was complex, something I enjoy in my reads.
There were times however I felt the author was trying to put too many details into this opening episode. I think we met everyone who will be anyone and got tidbits of backgrounds and possible whys, but many times, not enough IMO to build a solid picture.
Miranda is the princess of the Slayers. She is a warrior in her own right. She wants peace among the species and she believes she is the one prophesied to bring it to fruition. At times her choices seemed to be swayed by her connection with her father who IMO stifled her quite a bit to his own gain (dad may be a few bricks short). Miranda has a pretty solid wall up between her and the world. I felt like only one other character knew the girl behind the princess. When fate seems to deliver the perfect pawn right at her feet she embarks on a quest to fulfill the prophecy.
Sathan is the King of the Vamps. For me, he was an easy character to like. Despite being the king he is pretty laid back ~ he doesn't put up with any bull but he is open-minded. When it came to his sister though he is a bit old fashioned (it could be he is just overprotective). He has been seeking peace among the species for decades. He has and will continue to do what is necessary for the survival of his people even if it is not the most peaceful solution.
He has a couple of younger brothers and a sister who make up this quartet of siblings ~ they definitely kept me entertained.
Just too much to sum up at this moment
I really enjoyed the world-building and the characters are well written making it easy to make an emotional connection with them.
I was provided an ARC
Amazon  Kobo  Nook

Into the Gray (The Color of Love #1)Into the Gray by F.E. Feeley Jr.
It felt like home.
David and Aaron's story flowed in a way that just ... felt comfortable, felt right.
The flow of the storyline was consistent and easy to follow.
The cast was colorful. Each was uniquely different bringing their own something special to the story. I love DeDe.
As a reader, I was easily able to get lost in their journey.
David was going through a divorce while at the same time exploring and accepting multiple truths about himself. I really enjoyed how honest he was when he looked back and analyzed the events that brought him to this point in his life. He went so far as to make amends, not an easy thing to do.
Aaron was at an emotional crossroads in his life. Nothing felt right. Yeah, he had the education, the opportunity, that shot at the 'perfect' future. But the thought of it was almost enough to steal his breath. He was hiding. Hiding from himself. Hiding from the truth. Until the perfect storm came into his life.
This was a wonderfully written romance that takes the reader along with David and Aaron as they both learn to navigate around the obstacles in their lives while exploring the wonderful possibilities that a relationship between them might hold.
I am looking forward to the next in series.
Amazon

Dick (The Private Dick, #1)Dick by Julie Morgan
Holy Hotness!!
What a fabulous read!
A sexy engaging romance that checked all my boxes
Natalia was called in by the local sheriff Enzo to help solve a murder case that has the whole town on edge.
Phuck just lost one of his best men.
It shouldn't have been possible. Angry and without any clues he becomes even more frustrated when a Dick on legs tries to take command of the investigation.
Oh, how the mighty will fall.
OMG, this was such a blast!
Natalia is beyond the definition of a firecracker! I loved her 'in your face' attitude. She had no qualms with tossing the truth out there.
Then we have Sheriff Enzo. I have to admit in the beginning he was more like a wet noodle than a sheriff. But never fear his beta does appear. He is the softie in our little trio. As the story progresses he blossoms into his own but there were still times I couldn't help but want to wrap him in emotional bubble wrap.
Then we have Voodoo Mama - she seems a bit touched. Okay fine she might be slightly dangerous, but she is fiercely loyal and protective of those she calls family. Recommend being on her good side and possibly doing the eggshell walk when around her. I'm eager to hear her story we are given some clues that piqued my curious kitten.
Last we have Phuck what can I say I like my bad boys. President, King, Prince. He is the perfect representation of a 'bad boy' with just the right sprinkle of sarcasm mixed with a dash of soft. Though you don't want to cross him because when he is made he makes the hulk look like a wet kitty.
I don't want to give spoilers but if you enjoy your paranormal romances with a touch of mystery a twist of suspense Oh and a whole lot of steam ~ don't pass this up.
I read a comp copy.
Amazon  Kobo  Nook  Google

Captured (The Xandari Chronicles, #1)Captured by Raven Dark
I actually had trouble setting this one down. Would have been solid 5 stars except for scene and plot errors that could not be overlooked as well as some spelling and grammar errors. The fact I devoured the story despite all these problems says a lot for the overall crafting of this tale.
Danika was a feisty young captive. It was easy to forget her age as her character came across older. I enjoyed her inner musings. She knew her bodies reactions where chemical responses and listening to her arguing with her inner hussy was very entertaining. She was naive but intelligent. She knew when to risk her safety and when to back down to fight another day.
Raul was instantly drawn to her enough that he recognized she was affecting his behavior. I believe that is why he was so distant and cruel with her so much of the time in the beginning. It was never directly explained but it is heavily implied that a perfect matting, instead of just a master-slave relationship, happens because of pheromones. And it seemed they were definitely present for all our cast but more so it seemed for Raul, he was the principal.
Malek, it took me a long time to figure him out. If I ever truly did. control seems to be his kryptonite.
Z'pheer, well he had my heart from the start. Oh don't get me wrong, at times I wanted to knock him out don't doubt that. He was the heart of their group.
Despite the flaws with the story line, this was an engaging and at times pretty intense journey. I loved the little surprises in the story line. I loved the tenacity of our heroine. I enjoyed our heroes, eventually (lol). A lot of action and some suspense made for some edge of your seat moments.
This is a slave story so... it has a lot of non-con and dub-con, degradation and punishment.
It also has scenes of graphic violence, they are at war on their planet.
So if murky waters aren't your normal draw you should probably skip this one.
Its fantasy folks
I need book two!
Amazon

#MeredithWild #AidenBates #RebeccaHefner
#FEFeeleyJr #JulieMorgan #RavenDark
#gayromance #eroitca #lgbt #paranormal #shifters
#romance #suspense #dragons #pnr #adventure
#mystery #privateinvestigator #supernatural #scifi #firstcontact
#bookreview #kindleunlimited #tbr

Comments