Skip to main content

A P 👀K AT OUR WEEK 💖 BOOK REVIEWS


OUR PICKS THIS WEEK
👩‍🍳 Feeding Her by Eva Windsor
💔 Found by Gemma Weir
🩺 Doctor's Orders by Emma Jaye
👑 Happily Ever Crowned by Lexi C. Foss
⚖️ Manipulation by Jo Michaels
🎼 Write You a Love Song by Fabiola Francisco 


WANT MORE ➡


Feeding Her (The LeClarks Trilogy #1)Feeding Her by Eva Windsor

😍 Past and present collide

Kaitlyn was an angry 😠chef
Seriously the girl has some deep-seated issues with regards to men!
Sure it might have started with the whole female in a man's world thing or the slightly over infatuated admirer but I believe in the end it all got blamed on Landon. Why not? He was a part of her families original destruction even though they considered him family! He betrayed them. Typical MAN!

I liked Landon a lot! Yeah, he didn't care about anyone's opinion but his own. Sure he was a bit arrogant and over the top at times. Oh and let us not forget that he enjoyed manipulating others for entertainment.
Or at least that's the facade the world sees
I enjoyed watching his shell crumble as he came up against the little firecracker that still held him more or less solely responsible for her families ruin and.... maybe ignited a fire in him that only she could quench.

The story was entertaining and the twists! You think you know but you really don't - On that subject, I still have some questions that need answers but I am hoping there will be more from this cast.
The cast that was such an entertaining blend... We had our divas, the playboy, the level headed one, the sweet one with a secret, the grouchy upper echelon ...you get the idea

Amazon


Found (The Scions #2)Found by Gemma Weir

This started out right where book one left off-
Ripping my heart out and stomping on the pieces

I rarely find a young adult read that truly engages me as a reader.
The cast in The Scion series was just so .... real? They clicked with me. They weren't overly done. They were true to form. A bit lost. A bit scared. Still feeling out who they really were. Afraid of judgment, of failing to live up to obscene expectations and peer pressure.

I think we get a lot more of Valentine in book two. We see the real him. The throw away who just can't believe anyone would want the real him. I wanted to hold him then the next page to smack him upside the head, make him truly see the love that surrounded him. I admit it was a bit hard watching him try and prove his worth after all the chit he pulled. His pain and emotional turmoil had my heart doing the tachycardia dance through most of the book.

Ohhhhh, wait till you find out who delivered that crushing blow in the first book!

Nova finally let's go and takes a true breath. I believe her character was so much stronger for it. Watching her find herself accepting that it's okay to be a bit off. It's okay to be a bit different had me smiling. If any princess deserved to find her HEA it was her.

There is so much I want to rave about the cast and the story line and all the emotions this little band of Scions will bring out in the toughest of readers. But instead, I'm just going to tell you-
Grab your tissues
Find a quiet corner
Be prepared to laugh
To cry those ugly silent tears
To feel a part of something bigger.
Oh, and before I forget- this is for you Gemma- can we have more? Please ...
Amazon

Doctor's Orders (Paint #3.5)Doctor's Orders by Emma Jaye

I didn't realize how much I missed these guys 🥰

Alex is still finding his self - seeking that healthy coping mechanism that will ease the ache while lessening the anxiety

Alex being...well Alex - decides to try what he sees- no permemant harm right? Just what the doctor ordered.
And Why not? They did it and all was well?

Hindsight and all that..
Enter Nate the lover, the caregiver and the port to Alex's storm.

Okay at this point I was maybe shedding a few tears

I love these two they are so perfect for each other.

Chris, after getting a call from Nate, figures out what's up and our little Tigger being the insightful handful he is also finds a solution to the problem.

I want more!

If you haven't read the Paint series may I ask WHY???

It has angst, laughter, friendship, love
And the cast?
Probably the most memorable not to mention adorable group of guys I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know
Amazon

Happily Ever Crowned (Underworld Royals #1)Happily Ever Crowned by Lexi C. Foss + Anna Edwards

Hell's Bells!!! That was intense!
This has to be one of the most engaging captivating and heart-stopping reads of this year!

Two of my must-read authors together 😌
Edwards and Foss
Not a combination I ever foresaw
But Lucifer's blessings did it work!

Valora was raised to be the queen of Calucon - The wife to king Necros. It was her duty to her kingdom - a kingdom she only knew from afar... I'm not giving away anything else if I can help it.

How Valora survived the absolute horror that was her life will always elude me. I am not sure if her spirit was just that stubborn or if her need for revenge was just that powerful.
She was everything a heroine should be.
She had been molded, misguided and misused from the moment she took her first breath (wait for that revelation 😮 ). But something or someone 🤐 pulled back the veil and well you know the rest - The truth shall set you free.
All hail the Queen!?

Necros... what can I say about that horrid pile of wasted space?
A king 🤣 that's a joke if there ever was one. He was powerful in his own right and yeah he ruled a kingdom, but he was not a true ruler.
He was debauchery, selfishness, insanity and the absolute worst of mans' darkest desires all wrapped up in a covering of flesh. He made me ill 🤢

Adrik... our sort of hero/anti-hero.
He knows what he has to do.
He knows the prophecy.
He also acknowledges that it will cost a life.
But what is the life of one over the loss of a whole race?
The reclamation of a kingdom?
It may just be - Everything.

This story takes the reader into the darker corners of fiction exposing the reader to the actions of the perverse, the unjust, the bloodthirsty and the outright depraved.
There is very little light at the beginning of this story. Some rays do breakthrough midway and here and there through the story -
But if playing in the dark isn't your thing you might want to rethink this journey
Heed the warnings
I myself, love the darker aspects of fiction and find I need the next in series now!!
This does NOT end on a cliff hanger, it is a complete story for these two characters.
Amazon

Manipulation (Pen Pals and Serial Killers, #6)Manipulation by Jo Michaels

You will want to settle in for this ride - once it starts you will find you can't walk away until the final curtains close.
And DAMMMMMNNNN what a curtain call.

I was originally introduced to Jo Michaels work with the short read 'Innocent'. She left me wanting more back then but with Manipulation? She took mystery and suspense to a whole new level.
Every page was a bit more twisted - A touch more convoluted - I had no idea where we were headed. Every time I thought I figured it out BAM a new event was thrown into the mix changing the whole flavor of events.
The storyline is crafted in a way that... I felt like I couldn't look away in fear that I would miss a clue, some subtle hint that would shed some light on the truth. And wait till the truth is revealed... So did not see that coming.
If you enjoy relaxing with a good suspense do NOT pass this one up
I read a comp copy
Amazon

Write You a Love Song (Love in Everton, #1)Write You a Love Song by Fabiola Francisco

Fransisco is one of my one-click authors
Every time she puts her pen to paper I know I will get a story filled with relatable characters - lots of laughter - just the right touch of angst - and the most heart-melting check ✔ all the boxes romance I could ask for.
Write you a love song was no exception

To the world, Knox lived the dream. He was king with the perfect queen at his side. Turns out it wasn't his dream he was living. Sometimes you have to step back and start over. My heart ached for him as he faced the reality of his choices and moved to make the changes that made him happy.
He gave so much of himself, never intentionally wronged anyone, was always there with a helping hand - yet the people who should have known better, the ones who watched him grow up, who knew him personally were among the first to believe the lies.
Ainsley ... I need an Ainsley, heck we all need an Ainsley in our lives.
She knows the world is far from a happy place and she firmly believes that it is up to each of us to find our sunshine. Darn if that girl doesn't light up a ten-mile radius around her.
I have to agree with her philosophy -
Why wallow when you can shine?

This is one of those easy read romances
The kind that makes you smile
That has you believing there is still some good in the world
That leaves you with a smile and the warm fuzzies
Ohhhhh ...can we please get Mr. 'I'm to slick for love' story next 🥰 , please!
Amazon 

#EvaWindsor #GemmaWeir #EmmaJaye #AnnaEdwards
#LexiCFoss #JoMichaels #FabiolaFrancisco

#FeedingHer #Found #DoctorsOrders
#HappilyEverCrowned #Manipulation #WriteYouaLoveSong 

#romance #western #romcom #thriller #suspense #darkfantasy
#gothic #gay #erotica #mm #newadult #billionaire #fiction #bookreview #kindleunlimited

Comments