Skip to main content

OUR W👀K in REVIEWS ➜ BOOK REVIEWS & RECOMMENDATIONS


OUR PICKS THIS WEEK

👑 Cold Queen by K. Webster
⏳ Devils & Dust by Catherine Wiltcher
♾️ Invincible by Elizabeth SaFleur
🏜️ Calico Descending by Keri Lake
🐆 Leopard's Wrath by Christine Feehan
☃️ The Ugly Christmas Sweater by Jackie Paxson


SEE ALL OF OUR REVIEWS
GOODREADS  AMAZON   BOOKBUB



Cold QueenCold Queen by K. Webster

Take that Elsa...
Webster's contribution to the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection was a twist on Frozen
This is one you do not want to pass up!

Cold Queen has everything I look for in a solid read:
One seriously hot 🔥 Alpha male
One determined ice ❄ queen
Betrayal - lots of betrayals
Action and suspense - in spades
A Strong supporting cast that I want more of
And most importantly an HFN💞

I burned through this story in one sitting
If you can get away with reading this undisturbed take it!
Bloodsun is all the things I like in my book boyfriend - oh did I forget to mention? He's mine 😘 -
Smart - Smexy - A touch sadistic - Fun (I loved his darker sense of humor) and all kinds of Cavemen when it comes to coveting what is his.
Watching him bring Elzira out of her frozen state was magical -
Watching Elzira become the woman she was meant to be?
Transcendent!

A great cast of characters. I hope the author expands on some of them in future releases.
A Wonderful story that checked all the boxes
I laughed - I fumed - I awwww - I hoped
AMAZON  KOBO  NOOK

Devils & DustDevils & Dust by Catherine Wiltcher

"Adapt to the next blow in life, change and grow, and always keep flowing forward like water. "

I wasn't expecting such raw emotion from these characters.
Yeah, I knew it would have those "heart-pounding close your eyes " moments. I was even prepared for the betrayals and lies. What I wasn't prepared for was the anxiety that I felt for Nina, the easy way she crawled under my skin how she became more than just a two-dimensional character.

Nina had to choose and either choice was going to cost her a piece of her soul - Take a bit of that emerald from her eyes.
Her character had so much light and vibrancy to her. Even after everything she had endured. She still believed.

Then there was Rick. Not sure how to describe the little boy playing in a grown man's shoes. Sarcasm was a shield for him, a well-crafted defense mechanism that hid the pain of his guilt from exposure.

Be prepared going in
You'll laugh - hate - love - and hope
You'll want to skip ahead - just to be sure - but don't
Life is about the journey and this is one you won't want to miss
Amazon

Invincible (Elite Doms of Washington #6)Invincible by Elizabeth SaFleur

Love Safleurs work!
Her stories are intense
The emotions from her characters are so vivid...How do I explain it? I feel like I'm there - I can feel their heartbreak, their fears, their triumphs.
I am emotionally taxed as the last scene fades to dark -
The definition of a book hangover

This for me just might be one of my favorites to date. It's hard to pick! This story though just stole a piece of my heart.

I'm starting with Eric 'cause Hello!
Everyone should have an Eric in their life!
Someone who sees past the facade.
Someone who calls you on your bull puckey!
Also, someone who knows when to take control and when to submit to a higher authority ** *sigh***
And being honest here I really really liked his character

As for Alexander his internal pain shredded my heart. It wasn't his actions perse more the emotional pain he endured. He tried so hard. It was like his agony bled off the pages.
I screamed ... wanted to rip open those darn gates.
I honestly don't know if it was the innocence cultivated in his love for Charles or his personal feelings of failure that drove him forward. Maybe a bit of both?

Rebecca... I had to step back when it came to her. I understood, sort of, why she made the choices she did. But I wanted her to fight harder! To stop lying to herself! Let it go!
She, like Alexander and Charles, didn't know any better.
They each tried to protect the other not caring about the cost.

I read this story like the pages were on fire -
Each time they stumbled, each new betrayal, every feeling of inadequacy
Left another scorch mark on my heart.
They deserved better
I wanted ... no needed - to know they had their happily ever after - before it was too late
Before the embers of hope died out completely
Amazon  Kobo  Nook

Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling, #2)Calico Descending by Keri Lake

I am broken
Lake has always been one of my go-to authors when I need a read that guarantees to evoke all my emotions:
Something that will shred my soul then
maybe if the author is feeling generous put the scraggly bits back together -
possibly even a bit stronger in the end?
Something that will cause me to question my beliefs, my faith in humanity
That will give me a moment of darkness
That sparks my fear
yet not without a sliver of light -
Just enough that I can grasp on to Hope
Something that truly engaged me as a reader on every emotional level
Lake does that and so much more

Calico Descending did just that!
I broke
I can only wait now, passively, and hope that my friends find their way out of the he ll they call reality.

Calithea - I think she always knew but it is easier sometimes to live in the fantasy
The Champions
Valdys - Calm, Possessive, The Alpha - He knew
Cadmus - Dark, Heartless - I wept for him
Titus - Light, Hope - A fine line between the two

This is the second book in the series I guess it could be read as a standalone but I do NOT recommend it. The first book lays out the who's and why's and some of the what's - This one not so much as the foundation is laid in Juniper Unraveling. This story takes place towards the end of Juniper - I say that because of the location of the "hospital" is at ground zero. Though the cast is inherently separate the stories intersect with regards to the Legion and the Ragers and well the Monsters.

I am not going to retell the story - it's in the blurb
I am however going to strongly recommend this series to you
If you want a read that will truly test your limits -
That is more than a quick read to sate your palate -
Something that will give you pause to think, to question -
One that will have you asking who the real monsters are-
This is that read - That series -
The story, the cast, the emotions will stay with you long after you close the pages.
AMAZON

Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)Leopard's Wrath by Christine Feehan

I was trying to remember if there had ever been another couple who was facing their first lifetime together - I could not recall one.
For me, this little hitch in the road just made their story that much more.

One of the things I enjoy about this series is despite the males being all 'Alpha Caveman' almost 99% of the time when it comes to family they will lay down their lives without thought.
When it comes to their mates they tend to expose their underbellies - Not always consciously but to them, nothing is more precious or treasured than the one who calls to their soul that calms the beast within.

Sounds sappy I know... but something about Mitya and Ania's battle to find balance struck an emotional chord with me.

Ania has had to be the pillar of strength for the last three years. Running the business caring for her father, and plotting her revenge.
She's surviving- she's tired, she's alone

Mitya ... I felt for him. He was tired of fighting his leopard, always having to stay alert and in control. He has been fighting to keep some form of balance in his world since he was just a toddler.
He was resigned to whatever fate lied before him.

Can two lost souls lay aside their differences - trust a virtual stranger? - take a chance with their hearts? - with their very souls?

There are multiple secondary story lines interwoven within this is part of a series but can be read as a standalone. Some of the problems find resolutions, others are given clues as to possible outcomes but alas they are left for another day.
Now it's time to start new journeys, build new relationships and most of all to love

I know sappy ... but this series tends to bring out the romantic in me
AMAZON  KOBO  NOOK  GOOGLE

<3 br="">The Ugly Christmas SweaterThe Ugly Christmas Sweater by Jackie Paxson

What fun!!
A fantastically fun holiday romance that will have you laughing, snorting, fuming and once again believing in the magic of the season.

Cierra is a handful!
A touch snarky, a bit clumsy and a whole lot of heart.
Her character was a balance of 'sweet girl next door' and filter-free slightly mischievous BFF.
Always one to keep you on your toes as you can expect the unexpected from her.

Justin was the sexy billionaire filled with marshmallow goodness. Smart, successful, and oh so deliciously tempting.
It was fun watching him lose his heart to Cierra.

The supporting cast is just as addicting. Each one had their own endearing quirk. I found myself enamored with this cast. I do hope we get their stories.

*The copy I read was not the final edit so my star rating is based on the belief final editing was done before release.
AMAZON

#dark #fantasy #horror #romance #erotic #thriller #action #adventure #billionaire #contemporary #gothic #dystopian #scifi  #PNR #paranormal #holiday #romcom #bookreviews

#ColdQueen #DevilsDust #Invincible #CalicoDescending #LeopardsWrath #TheUglyChristmasSweater #KWebster  #CatherineWiltcher #ElizabethSaFleur #KeriLake #ChristineFeehan #JackiePaxson

Comments