Skip to main content

OUR W👀K in REVIEWS ➜ BOOK REVIEWS & RECOMMENDATIONS Nov 24


OUR PICKS THIS WEEK

🔥 A Wicked Hunger by Kiersten Fay
🕵️ P.I. I Love You by Joanne Jaytanie
🎶 The Way We Fell by M.J. Fields
🤠 Roping Your Heart by Fabiola Francisco
😂 Shenanigans by Gail Koger
💛 Forbidden by Alta Hensley


SEE ALL OF OUR REVIEWS
GOODREADS  AMAZON   BOOKBUB

A Wicked Hunger (Creatures of Darkness #1)A Wicked Hunger by Kiersten Fay

This starts out with lots of action some bloody sexy Alpha male characters and a slightly wimpy female lead. (I'll come back to her).

The story line itself is a wonderful tangle of action and deception.
So many bloody delightful characters each with their own seemingly individual agendas brought together - Some willing -Others not so much.
Cora it seems may be the last pawn on the game board, as her past is revealed her future becomes questionable.
Mason is the vampire equivalent of the law and it seems he has his own agenda.
Knox also has his own agenda that seems a bit more sinister as well as what may be a bitter backstory with Mason.
Oh, and someone is not playing nice.

It's a lot at once.
Normally this would bother me! It didn't here. Fay wove the story flawlessly. Introducing each subplot in a way that gave me just enough to elongate my fangs but not enough to quench my thirst.
This ends on a cliffy - but I expected that - it's a first in series

Now let's move on to Cora...
At some time in her life before we met her someone removed her spine. There were moments I wasn't sure how she functions daily. As the story progresses though she seems to be regrowing that backbone. Sure she regresses on occasion but I think (I hope) as time goes on and secrets are revealed she will find her inner tigress.
Mason starts out totally bad arse, I liked his whatever don't mess with me vibe. Slowly though he melts.. he doesn't totally 'kitten' out but there are times I question if he was body swapped
Knox is all Alpha all the time and he has no (you know what's) to give. I can't wait to find out his story

I will definitely be grabbing the next in series. The possibilities with this cast and the paths that have been laid out are endless!
#netgalley provided my copy
Amazon  Nook  Kobo

P.I. I Love You (Miss Demeanor Book 1)P.I. I Love You by Joanne Jaytanie

What a refreshingly fun read!
This was a light-hearted read that provided for a relaxing afternoon
The author is new to me but I will definitely be looking into her work.

River and her girlfriends have had enough of the boys club!
Together they decide to take control of their futures while doing what they do best.

Welcome the birth of Misdemeanors P.I.

This is a first in series
We meet the cast of the series - not in-depth but enough to get an idea of their personalities and how they fit into the overall picture.

River is a blast. The saying about dynamite and small packages definitely applies to her.
Gage is a true gentleman and knows when to admit defeat and be the bigger person.

I enjoyed the simplicity of the story line.
A touch of action blended with just the right tang of 'who done it'
The romance is closed door but it definitely is there
I'm looking forward to the next in series
Amazon  Nook  Kobo

The Way We FellThe Way We Fell by M.J. Fields

Kendall is living life her way - Just cruising along exploring all the things the world has to offer
She is in no hurry to settle down when the perfect man comes along she will know.
She has seen how settling for less works in a relationship and she wants more in her life.

Ben is living his dream in the music industry. And never doubt that he is indulging in all the benefits that come with the lifestyle.
He is a firm believer in pleasure without commitment.

Okay, I am going to be a bit blunt -
Ben likes sex - A LOT!
What is not to like about giving and receiving pleasure?
Life is short - YOLO - etc. etc ...
I enjoyed Ben's enthusiasm for the most part. Really, I did but there were times he was just a bit too exuberant in his attempts to sway others (like Kendall) to his belief system. That brings me to some of his choices - he is lucky I was unable to reach into the pages.
It swears at times his mind only worked on one track - Ben's.
I have to give him props though - When he wants something he does a pretty good job of going after it

Kendall was a spitfire. She took the chances that made her happy she sought out the challenges. She hid from heartache. But never did she sell out her beliefs. I loved her tenacity. Her zest for life was contagious.

When the two cross paths the past is brought to the present
Old wounds become fresh scars
The chemistry between these two is immediate as a reader I could feel the tension radiating from the pages
The secrets? Wait for them

Sometimes even boys believe in fairy tales

A wonderful read with a strong story line, well crafted main and secondary (loved the supporting cast) characters.
This is chocked full of moments.
Moments that make you laugh
Moments that make you cry
Moments that make you angry
Moments that make you believe
Amazon 

Roping Your Heart (Love in Everton, 2)Roping Your Heart by Fabiola Francisco

Ask and you shall receive - THIS IS IT - Mr. 'I'm to slick for love' got his story!
Roping is book two in the Everton series - it can be read as a standalone - but why would you?

Lia and Axel are like milk and cookies - they compliment each other perfectly!
Lia has returned home to take over the family business. She has chased her dream made a name for herself now she is ready to settle down... maybe take that chance?
Axel has been Lia's best friend since ... well forever. If there was trouble to be found you could bet your bottom dollar they were there - together - knee-deep in the middle of it.

This melted my heart - seriously - I was a puddle of feelings from the moment Lia came home to the moment ... Not telling - nice try though.
These two just click and they were kind enough to let me in to experience the magic with them.
From the mundane morning cup of coffee or ride through the mountains to the chaotic weekend dinner at the parents each moment was pure magic add in the 'dares' and you have a few laughs and some swoon moments.

The story is easy to read with a steady rhythm of laughter, quiet moments and a little angst as our couple finds their footing. The cast is endearing and instantly makes you feel at home. Alternating POV (something I truly enjoy)
I know I rave every time Francisco has a new release
I can't help it there is just something magical about her writing that brings out all the feels.
I need the next now... please
Amazon

<3 br="">Shenanigans (Shenanigans, #1)Shenanigans by Gail Koger

Shenanigans might be putting it a bit mildly!

Kandi was such a fun female lead.
Witty - intelligent - driven - psychic
Dutch starts out a bit of a horse's backside bit eventually he finds the old adage " if you can't beat em join em" might just be the words of wisdom that keep him from the emergency room

The story line is easy to follow it is a bit of far fetched fun-filled with well-written characters that I easily found myself attached to. We get a peek inside Kandi's thoughts as she negotiates the streets seeking to save the critters, catch the culprit all while trying to avoid ending up behind bars.
The supporting cast is such an eclectic mix of personalities, each adding their own flavor to the overall "fun" feel of the story.

If you are looking for a fun read packed with witty characters - snort out loud circumstances and off the chart beyond the norm antics this is it. I will warn you if reading in public be prepared
I was waiting in radiology and every minute or so I was lol' ing
I am lucky they didn't transport me to the psych ward. 
<3 br="">Amazon

ForbiddenForbidden by Alta Hensley

This is more IMO a sweet taboo romance with a touch of domestic discipline

Anthony needs a good bottom warming himself! He is so lucky he is fictional! If you are going to ask your partner to relinquish their care into your hands you need to think with your head, not with your libido! That means their needs, their comfort, and their emotional well being.
Now that I have had the chance to get that off my chest -
Anthony truly is a sweetie under all that blubber and chest-puffing. He is lonely and whats the familial thing (wife, kids, picket fence) and the little girl who has always held a piece of his heart is all grown up now.

Raychel is well... STUBBORN! She has always felt safe under the watchful eye of Anthony but new that taking it any further would be wrong. But as Anthony has proven the heart and libido usually overrule the brain. 😉

I had some issues with some of the themes - still a virgin, poor/rich, where did daddy's money go? , problem solved, chest-thumping.
I wanted more detail in the resolutions. Reasons behind the why's.
But that is me! I am greedy that way.

The story line itself was solid the H and h are easy to connect with. And hellllooo the starts and stops and raw want that bleeds from these two was hot as he ll
Amazon


#bookreviews #romance #vampire #paranormal #mystery #action
#adventure #western #contemporary #fantasy #humorous #mafia
#kindleunlimited #books #Gothic #billionaire
#KierstenFay #JoanneJaytanie #MJFields #FabiolaFrancisco #GailKoger
#AltaHensley #AWickedHunger #Forbidden #Shenanigans #RopingYourHeart
#TheWayWeFell #PIILoveYou

Comments