Skip to main content

Treacherous by Alex Grayson & Melissa Toppen a High School/Bully Romance


Title: Treacherous
Authors: Alex Grayson & Melissa Toppen
Genre: High School/Bully Romance
Release Date: December 10, 2019
Senior year was not going how I planned.
It was supposed to be an amazing year—the perfect year.
And it started out that way… until my mom remarried, and I found myself in a new town, at a new school, and living with quite possibly the most conniving person I had ever met.
But my horrible stepbrother wasn’t even the worst part.
It was his best friend.
Zayden Michaels.
Gorgeous. Unpredictable. Treacherous.
The kind of guy who sends most sane people running in the opposite direction.
He hated me from the first moment he saw me.
He made it his mission to make sure I knew it too.
I became the target—the bullied.
Until suddenly I wasn’t anymore.
But in a world of rumors, games, and deceit, you never really know who you can trust.
Sometimes the best deceptions are the ones you never see coming.
So much to say
Treacherous tapped into all my emotions
From the angst of humiliation too that weightless feeling that comes from first love 💘

This started out pretty much as the norm for a bully romance. 
Parent remarries. Two households combine. New school. New friends. New step-sibling. 
And then the story took flight from the pack. 
Nothing was the norm. 
The characters clicked. 
The drama resonated. 
I was a goner.

Rylee. She was a sight to behold.  She wasn't self-absorbed or over the top and she stood her ground, she took some blows but she got back up and she moved forward. 
Oliver - the new step-sibling and a straight-up spoiled little chit. Oliver had no idea what boundaries where. Petulant little thing he was.
Zayden - Intelligent. Honorable. Marshmallow inside with a Bad Boy coating. (yum)
Charles -  The new BFF. I am so hoping he gets a story.
She - who I shalt not name. I really really disliked her, firmly believe she needs mental help (I am sure you will agree when you get to it). 

Rylee knew she just had to get through the next few months and she would be off to college. She kept that mantra in her head each time they took a turn at knocking her down. She had the biggest heart. 
Zayden had so much going on outside of the school halls. He had his own demons to deal with but he knew when lines were crossed and he was man enough to admit it. Oliver was the broken one IMO. He was hurt/angry and Rylee was right she was the only available target for his pain.
This flowed so easily. The characters were not over the top. The drama was something that I could envision. I easily connected to Rylee. The chemistry between her and Z. Nuclear.
I enjoyed the multiple POV.

If you are looking for a bully romance that will drag you into the drama and keep you engaged -
Look no further
Treacherous provided all the feels.
ALEX GRAYSON
MELISSA TOPPEN

HOSTED BY:
➜ #NewRelease #Giveaway
#melissatoppen #alexgrayson #treacherous #highschoolbullyromance #tracherousrelease
#preordernow #oneclick #bookreview
 @AlexGrayson10  @mtoppenauthor

Comments