Skip to main content

The Lies We Tell: An Enemies to Lovers College Bully Romance (The Four) by Becca Steele


Title: The Lies We Tell
Series: The Four #1
Author: Becca Steele
Genre: NA Enemies to Lovers/Bully Romance
Release Date: January 28, 2020

Starting over after my father’s sudden death was bad enough, but the four boys who rule Alstone College, my new university, are determined to make my life even more difficult. One in particular. Caiden Cavendish.
My nightmare. My shadow. My stepbrother.
My dad’s death was an accident... Lie.
My life isn’t in danger... Lie.
The Four won’t bring mayhem to my life... Lie.
I don’t want Caiden Cavendish... Lie.
Lies.
Lies.
Lies.
Eeny, meeny, miny, mo.The Four are coming for you, Snow.

Before I knew what I was doing, I’d thrown the mushrooms into the pan and was stepping right up to him, so close that I could feel the heat from his body as he glared down at me. “You might want to wash your hands. They’re looking a little pink, King Caiden.” 

He stepped even closer, his body pressing into mine, and I suddenly found it difficult to breathe. “King Caiden, huh? If I’m the king, then get on your knees and worship me.”
A shudder ran through me at his low, harsh rasp. I met his dark gaze, seeing the barely restrained fury clear in his eyes, and I steeled myself, welcoming the anger that surged within me, smothering the lust. “Fuck you,” I spat through clenched teeth. “If you’re insinuating that I can suck your dick, I’d rather choke to death on my own vomit than have that anywhere near my mouth.”
Uh, he ll to the no!! You did not just leave me in the dark like that!!!

This ends on a nail-biting blood letting cliff hanger- and not just a little cliff
There are so many "WTH" and "OMG Why" moments leading up to the close of this first episode
My heart is racing

Snowflake (Winter) is playing Nancy Drew. She is pretty sure her egg donor knows something about her father's untimely death so off she goes. It's time to meet the Cavendish family and find her answers
Mrs. Cavendish (AKA the egg donor) is a piece of work as the story progressed my immense dislike for this woman did as well. Such a waste of oxygen.

The only thing more repulsive than her egg donor mother is
The Four

Caiden is the spoiled self-entitled sexy as sin eldest Cavendish who loathes Snowflake with a passion that borders on obsession.
The chemistry between them does not (IMO) ignite until a little after a third of the way through. There is a lot of push from both sides but denial is the river they are both swimming in. Once Caiden capsizes (with a little help from his friends) all bets are off.

His brother West is his complete opposite - except the whole sexy thing, I think all four have that alpha aura going on - a computer whiz and an absolute sweetheart West seems to be the anchor for the four.

Then we have Z brooding, dark, dangerous and so many flavors of yummy. We do not know a whole lot about Z at this point.

And my favorite Cass *sigh* the comic relief of the four and possibly the next sanest besides West. He is also the reason Snowflake never melts.

Like Snowflake the Hardy boys (plus two) are seeking out the answers to their own mystery.

Can Winter find her answers before The Four decide she is a hazard?
Can she get the information she needs before her world is forever tilted on its axis?
Who is the pinkie dude?
Why is the egg donor such a female hound?

This was a solid read - easy to follow - great characters
For me, it really began to develop around a third of the way through
Something just clicked for me and I was not closing the pages until I had answers
Becca Steele is a contemporary romance author from the south of England, where she lives with her husband, two kids, and various animals.
When she's not writing, you can find her reading or watching Netflix, usually with a glass of wine in hand.
HOSTED BY:
➜ #NewRelease #KindleUnlimited
#thelieswetell #thefour #enemiestolovers #college #romance #beccasteele
#bookreview #bullyromance 

Comments