Skip to main content

Lace & Lies (Brooklyn Brothers #1) by Melanie Munton





Title: Lace & Lies (Brooklyn Brothers #1) 
Author: Melanie Munton 
Genre: Romantic Suspense/ Contemporary/Erotic Romance 
Release Date: January 21, 2020 
Cover Designer: L.J. Anderson at Mayhem Cover Creations 



We are the Rossetti’s. The exiled “sixth family” of the New York mafia. We’re the good guys. People don’t fear us…much. They respect us. The five of us? We’re the Brooklyn Brothers. And we protect what’s ours. Jasmine Kingston should run from me. I mean, she should literally pick up her dress, toss away her heels, and haul ass in the complete opposite direction. Because for the last few months that she’s been in New York and taking the fashion world by storm, I’ve been watching her. From my ivory tower, from the shadows. Wherever she’s been, I’ve been only feet away, and she hasn’t even realized it. Until now. I can’t stay away and watch one more man take his shot with her. She needs to know what she’s doing to me. Especially since things are heating up with my family’s enemies. I just pray those enemies don’t discover my only weakness. Maybe it was the wrong way to go. Maybe I should never have touched her. Never treated myself to her addictive taste. But I can’t alleviate this obsession I have with her any more than I can put a bullet between my own eyes. She’s mine to protect now. I’ll burn my entire fortune to the ground and take ten of those bullets before I let anything happen to her. I just hope she doesn’t find out what I’ve done.




Tweet: Lace & Lies (The Brooklyn Brothers, #1) By @melanie_munton is #Live #BuyNow #Books2Read https://ctt.ec/xC98M+ #BAPpr #ComtemporaryRomance #RomanticSuspense #EroticRomance @BuoniAmiciPress


Jasmine
Cris nodded slowly. “You’re right. I don’t have time to devote myself to a relationship right now. But what you proposed that night works just fine for me, if the offer is still on the table.” Why did I experience a weird sinking feeling at his words? That was what I wanted to hear. Wasn’t it? Sex only. Nothing more, nothing less. No ties, no feelings. Just a physical connection that would culminate in mutual sexual release. I inwardly cringed. That sounded so cold. So…robotic. But it was no different than what I’d had with Marcus, so there was no reason for this situation with Cris to feel wrong. It wasn’t like Cris elicited actual feelings in me. Then everything from earlier that morning came rushing back like a tidal wave. “Actually, um, I don’t know if that’s such a good idea now.” He angled his head to the side. I’d learned this was something he did when he was frustrated. “Oh? Why is that?” His body was way too close to mine. Why I thought I’d be able to hold a conversation with him in such close quarters amongst these racks was beyond me. Damn that suit and tie. Cris taunting me with his sensuality and good taste was like my Achilles’ Heel. “Long story short, I just got a bunch of work dumped on me,” I tried to explain. “The next few months are going to be even more hectic than the last few have been. I don’t think I’m going to have much time for…anything else.” Moving forward, he crowded me against the layers of tool and silk behind me until it felt as if our bodies were cocooned by the materials. If he came any closer, things were bound to take a sharp turn toward Sexy Town. “You’re telling me you won’t even have time to get fucked?” His crass words should have bothered me. But that couldn’t have been any further from the truth. He lowered his head, bringing our mouths dangerously close. “Because everyone should make time to fuck. I thought that was what the other night was all about. Am I missing something here?” I worried he could hear the loud gulping sound I made. “No, it was. But things are a little more complicated now. I have to design an entire new line in four months. I doubt I’m going to have much free time to spare.” Several beats of silence passed. I finally worked up the nerve to meet his gaze. He looked to be considering something. “Okay,” he said resolutely. “You have a lot going on. I get that. But it sounds to me like you’re going to need a little relief every now and then. A distraction so you don’t work yourself into a nervous breakdown. I understand that better than anyone. Let me be that for you.” “A distraction?” His mouth quirked into a wicked grin. “You’re already familiar with my preferred methods of distraction. Believe me, I can take your mind off the stress. I can release the tension. Let me prove it to you.” His hand landed on my hip. Again, I should have removed it. Stopped whatever was about to start here. Instead, I melted into his touch. Especially when his thumb began to rub across my hipbone. My eyes closed of their own volition. When his mouth skated over my jaw, his hand inching down to cup my ass, my head fell back only to be pillowed by the cushion of fabrics. “I thought you already proved it,” I whispered. He hissed out a breath. “What I proved at the bar is that you’re affected by my touch. What I proved on your couch was that you want my touch. What I have yet to prove is that I can get you off with my touch.” The eroticism of the moment was getting to me. Hidden away by luxurious fabrics while a dozen people stood on the other side of the room, Cris’s sandalwood scent invading my senses. Heat suddenly struck between my thighs like a bolt of lightning. I was starting to think I didn’t even need his touch. His words alone were getting the job done. “Are you telling me you’ll be able to do that for me anytime I need it?” I asked. “Anywhere?” “Fuck yeah, that’s what I’m saying,” he growled. “I’ll make you come whenever you need to, however many times you need to. Guaranteed.” “That’s a bit cocky. Not to mention ambitious.” “Cocky or not, it’s a goddamn fact. And I’m going to start proving it right now.” Is he serious? He pushed my sweater up my waist, his fingers slipping beneath the waistband of my leggings. Yep, he’s serious. “Can’t wait to feel what you’ve got waiting for me under here,” he whispered. “Am I going to find you wet for me, Jasmine?” Without. A. Doubt.






Munton brought a whole new twist to "no longer mafia" mafia romance
It's not as complicated as it sounds, promise.

I was trying to figure out what exactly Cris had done that he was so afraid of Jasmine discovering.
When it was revealed... Yeah, he had every reason to be concerned. Stalker much?
Cris is a bit blind(?) to the realities of proper world etiquette. A nice way of saying he takes what he wants and does not think about the consequences of his action or how the affected party might feel. Not in a malicious sense more an entitlement way - he wants to help those less fortunate - I do not think he even realizes his mindset.
Jasmine what do I say about her but "High five". Her character had spunk and tenacity. She climbed up the ladder of success with sheer perspiration and she has no qualms with pushing herself to achieve her goals.
The push and pull between these two was intense and at times a bit humorous.
I also enjoyed that for once it was the alpha he man who was floating unaided in the waters of love while the female floated on completely oblivious to the storm brewing

So the story in a no spoiler nutshell :
The Rosetti clan is an old Italian family that had chosen in the beginning to break from the original mafia families -
They are the protectors
Cris wants Jasmine
Jasmine wants a bit of stress relief - the no strings attached kind
Cris has secrets
Jasmine wants to earn her way up in the world of fashion and not the easy way either
Cris is building his own doghouse
Jasmine is finally happy success and what she believes is love is within her grasp
Cris's secrets are about to be exposed
Jasmine blows a gasket
All he ll proceeds to break loose
Don't worry it ends on a HEA, for now

I am excited to see where this goes next -
Strong secondary characters that easily grab your heartstrings and latch on ..and the twins Oh heavens
The story was easy to follow, at times I felt it went a bit into the far fetched realm of fiction but it always kept me engaged and entertained



Melanie grew up in a small town in rural Missouri. After marrying her husband, she decided she wanted to try coastal life because why not? A few months later, they moved to North Carolina where she discovered her passion for writing, and they never looked back. They are now enjoying life with their beautiful daughter in Savannah, GA and loving every minute with their little Georgia peach.
Melanie’s other passion is traveling and seeing the world. With anthropology degrees under their belts, she and her husband have made it their goal in life to see as many archaeological sites around the world as possible.
She has a horrible food addiction to pasta and candy (not together…ew). And she gets sad when her wine rack is empty.
At the end of the day, she is a true romantic at heart. She loves writing the cheesy and corny of romantic comedies, and the sassy and sexy of suspense. She aims to make her readers swoon, laugh out loud, maybe sweat a little, and above all, fall in love.








➜ #BookTour #Giveaway
#lacesandlies #brooklynbrothers #mafiaromance #series #melaniemunton #bookreview
#LaceAndLiesBookBlitz #BAPpr

Comments