Skip to main content

A Deadly Affair (Glacial Blood #7) by Anna Edwards ➱ Release Tour



Title: A Deadly Affair
Series: Glacial Blood Series #7
Author: Anna Edwards
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: June 30, 2020
Cover Design: Charity Hendry
Jessica Raven is a powerful witch and loyal member of the Glacial Blood pack. Her only regret in life was devoting so much time to her ex-lover Ciaran, who’s now beta to a tyrannical polar bear shifter. Did she unknowingly help him set in motion a chain of events, which looks set to destroy the world as she knows it? Or is she the only one who holds the key to stopping him? 

Ethern Lennox is a member of the shifters’ Council with a hidden loyalty to the Glacial Blood pack. He’s been preparing for war with the human world for several years now, both in his role on the Council and in quiet behind the scenes. He knows more about the supernatural powers out there than anyone else. Will he be able to use them in time to stop Nuka Lincoln’s pack taking over? Or will he fall short and possibly even lose his own life? 

As the fight between good and evil takes a dramatic turn, Jessica and Ethern find themselves under increasing pressure. Can they find a way to stop Ciaran before he reveals the existence of shifters to the human world? 

Welcome to the bestselling Glacial Blood series, a world of shifters and witches, magic and mayhem, unforgivable lies, and unbreakable love. A world where family is born not only through blood but through a bond of friendship and loyalty. With plenty of threats to come—and a secret that remains untold.

“You will get there. Jessica. Your magical abilities are amazing. I learn something new every time I watch you.”

Ethern was in awe of her skills. His own magical abilities had come to him because he touched a witch, and he didn’t know how to use them like Jessica did. Most of the magic he did manage was a matter of guesswork and following his instincts. Whereas Jessica had practiced for so many years now it had become second nature to her.

“Thank you.” Jessica bit her lip, and Ethern found himself reaching out to touch her on the shoulder. 

“Trust me.”

“I do, Ethern. I lost my way for a while, but my confidence in my abilities is growing again. I do worry, though. Sometimes the power surging through me is so strong I fear losing myself to it.”

“I think we all do. You’re probably unaware, but multi-shifters possess a power that could leave us lost to all we know if it’s not controlled. The most important thing is to trust yourself and those around you to keep you grounded.”

“I often forget my support network is one of the strongest in the supernatural world. The things some of those people in the other room have been through are so shocking—I can’t imagine coming out the other side and then being able to laugh and joke about the world at large while sitting down for a meal.”

Ethern let go of Jessica and picked up the book she’d been looking at. He flicked through the pages as he thought about how to respond to her.

“The Glacial Blood pack is like no other. It’s an inclusive mix of shifters and humans and an example of what the world could be like without intolerance. I may not be a member, but I’m glad I’m allowed to be a part of it even in a very small way.”

Jessica took the book from him. 

“I wouldn’t say you’re not a member of the pack. It’s unofficial, but you’re with us when we need you.”

“Thank you. I would do anything for my friends here.”

Jessica looked up at him, and the air heated in the room. Was he overthinking it, or did she have feelings for him as well? They fell silent for a few moments while Jessica stepped away and began to look through the book in her hands.

“Let’s cast a spell together, Ethern. I’ve got one I’m not sure you know. I want to try it with you.”

“Ok.” He chuckled and allowed his skin to display the green hue and markings of a witch. 

Jessica lifted her gaze from the book and took in his new appearance.

“I would love to see my true form one day. I’m jealous multi-shifters get to change and I don’t” she said wistfully, tentatively reaching out and tracing the pentagram tattoo on his hand. “ I wonder what symbols I’d have. You and Selene both have different markings, and I don’t even recognize some of them. It’s intriguing.”

“I agree. It’s a fascinating ancient language. I don’t know the meaning of a lot of the markings, but I feel them when I use my magic. Each one gives me a different power.” He pointed to a small star on his face just beneath his left eye. “This one is where my teleportation comes from. It heats up whenever I teleport.”

“The wandering star.” Jessica reached up to touch the small tattoo on his face. “Maybe when the war is over, we can spend some time exploring them. See what they do?”

Ethern fell quiet. He knew already he wouldn’t end the war in this form. Sacrifices had to be made — and it was the reason why he’d been raised from the dead as a multi-shifter. 

“Anyway,” he said, changing the subject. “What is this spell?”

Jessica handed the book back to him and pointed at a page. He started to read while she began searching around on her desk for something. The spell was a little mundane, turning coal to a diamond. It seemed a silly spell to him and had the potential of being a dangerous one if it fell into the wrong hands. Jessica handed him a lump of coal. He looked down at it like it was burning his hands.

“Why this spell?” he asked.

“It’s different, and it’s good way to practice when learning to change the shape and properties of objects.” 

Jessica placed her hand over the coal, and it changed into a spectacular diamond. It took his breath away with its beauty. He looked at it more closely, admiring the line of the precious stone. Its cut was exquisite and its carat would be very high. It would be worth a fortune. He looked up and noticed Jessica was watching him intently, her brows deeply furrowed in the center of her forehead.

She placed her hand over the stone again, and it turned back into a lump of coal.

“Your turn,” Jessica challenged as she started to walk away from him. 

Her shoulders were slumped, and if he guessed correctly, she was deflated and worried about something.

“Jessica, wait.” He stopped her with his free hand. “What’s wrong?”

“Your turn,” she repeated, her voice cracking as she spoke. 

She pulled away from him and took a seat on a nearby chair while he stared down at the lump of coal. This was a test. He felt it deep inside. He didn’t want to turn the lump of sedimentary rock into a diamond. It wasn’t him. Precious stones weren’t what he wanted or even needed in his life. Money had no value to him. 

He felt a burning on his back from another of his tattoos, and he gasped causing Jessica’s eyes to widen. He knew exactly which marking it was—the one of a black raven. He placed his free hand over the lump of coal and allowed the magic within him to work. When he pulled his hand away, instead of a diamond there was a black feather resting in his hand—a large tail feather of a raven. Walking over to Jessica, he handed it to her. 

“I don’t need diamonds. This raven’s feather is of more value to me than anything else. It represents all that’s in my heart.”
 
All I am a British author, from the depths of the rural countryside near London. In a previous life, I was an accountant from the age of twenty-one. I still do that on occasions, but most of my life is now spent intermingling writing while looking after my husband, two children and two cats (probably in the inverse order to the one listed!). When I have some spare time, I can also be found writing poetry, baking cakes (and eating them), or behind a camera snapping like a mad paparazzi.
I'm an avid reader who turned to writing to combat my depression and anxiety. I have a love of travelling and like to bring this to my stories to give them the air of reality. I like my heroes hot and hunky with a dirty mouth, my heroines demure but with spunk, and my books full of dramatic suspense.
HOSTED BY:
#NewRelease #KindleUnlimited
with Excerpt
#adeadlyaffairrelease #annaedwards #adeadlyaffairannaedwards #paranormalromance #amazon #ku #glacialbloodseries 
@AnnaEdwardsWriter

Comments