Skip to main content

Crossroads Saga by Mary Ting ➱ Free Book Tour


Title: Crossroads
Author: Mary Ting
Genre: YA Fantasy
Hosted by: Lady Amber's PR
Blurb:
Protecting her from the Fallen was his duty.
Falling in love was never part of his plan.
Loving her was forbidden.
Being with her was all that mattered, even if it meant he would be exiled for all eternity.
Claudia Emerson's life is about to change when her good friend, who coincidentally shares the same first and last name, dies in a tragic accident. Distraught at the loss of her friend, Claudia's dreams become tumultuous, and through them she mysteriously travels to another world called Crossroads. There, she unexpectedly meets Michael, a nephilim--half angel, half human. Now that she's been there, Fallen and demons are after her, suspecting she must be special, and it is up to Michael and the other nephilim to protect her. Her dream becomes a nightmare as more secrets are revealed about who she really is, and the true identities of the people she loves most.
Book Links:

From the Back Cover
EXCERPT: Slowly I turned my back toward him and tried to wrap myself inside his wings again.  I wanted to be back in the arms of an angel, back to the feeling of peace that was so desired.  As he fidgeted away from me, he mumbled, "This is too dangerous.  I won't be able to control myself."  His voice was worried and low.
     I didn't heed his warning.  As I pulled him closer, he ultimately gave in.  He held me gently with both of his arms and wings this time.  All I needed was his touch, for him to hold me that way; it made all the difference in the world.  I was safe again.  Without thought, I turned toward him.  The look in his eyes was so tempting, telling me that he wanted me too.  I knew it was impossible for him to want and need me the same way, but his eyes told me something else. The depth of my yearning and what I wanted to do at this very moment was undeniable.
     I leaned toward him and tenderly placed a kiss on his supple lips to thank him.  It was an innocent kiss.  What was the harm in just one small kiss?  I was extremely surprised that he didn't push me away.  I was even more surprised at myself.  I was never the type to make the first move. 
     "Thank you for saving me," I whispered, looking straight into his soulful eyes, as something came over me.  Uncontrollable heat ran through my body.  He was right.  It was dangerous, but it was me who couldn't control myself.  His eyes gave me permission to continue, so I gave him another kiss, but slower and longer this time.  He kissed me back, but with much hesitation.  His lips were warm and sweet like honeysuckle, just how I imagined they would be.  The warmth spread all over my body like a blazing fire. 
     Still holding me, he pulled me away with a sudden jerk, his eyes piercing into mine with anger.  His left hand was tightly wrung around my hair and the other gripping my shirt so I could feel the tightness from it.  Panting, wanting more of him, I forgot how to breathe, and so did he.  His eyes, still fierce with anger, gripped me even tighter as he slightly pushed and pulled me, fighting and uncertain of what he wanted to do.  Feeling petrified, I had to prepare myself for the consequence of my actions, for I knew I had crossed the line.
    I was waiting for him to release me and push me away.  I also anticipated the lecture he would preach about how humans and angels couldn't have any physical contact. Remembering the last time, he suddenly stopped as we almost kissed.  Then, he drew me even closer, and kissed me back hungrily.  Passionate kisses that I never knew could be possible claimed both of us.   My toes curled, feeling immense pleasure that tingled to the very depth of my being as my fingers tugged lightly on his muscular shoulders.  Then his wings were totally wrapped around us. 
     We were in the dark, just Michael and me inside the cocoon of his wings.  I couldn't believe what was happening.  It was our first real kiss.  He pressed his whole body against mine and I could feel his heart racing just as fast as mine was.  We both lost control, and every part of me shivered with intense pleasure I had never felt before. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Inside Flap
EXCERPT: Though Phillip had already told me that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an alkin and a fallen, it was confirmed as I watched the battle. They looked just like the alkins as the two sides battled with swords. Watching, I noticed that Michael had one too, but where had it come from?
     "No!" Michael shouted, suddenly standing directly in front of me. "You don't need her. She's just a human."
     "Get them!" Aden shouted again.
     During the entire fight Michael stayed by my side, protecting me. They fought so swiftly that even with my flashlight it was hard to distinguish alkins from the fallen. I focused intently, trying to figure out who was who, but it was no use. They were too fast for human eyes. I pointed the flashlight, hoping to blind or distract them, but that also proved to be pointless. It was only useful for my vision.
     In the blink of an eye they were here, there and everywhere. The clanging of swords colliding was painful to hear. As the screeching sounds continued, all I could see were sparks as the swords made contact, as if we were in the middle of a lightning storm. Fearful of any alkin getting hurt, I covered my ears, hoping that it would end soon.
     Suddenly, Aden raised his hand toward the stars, and the fallen stopped. The sounds of the swords crashing against each other came to a dead halt. Aden started circling around Michael and me. As he drew closer, I could see that he looked exactly as I remembered him from my dream. The wrinkles on his forehead defined his age, and though I conceived him as evil, his voice scared me more than his appearance. Aden never lifted a finger to fight; instead, he relied on the fallen to carry out his battle strategies.
     "Michael, come with me. I'll give you anything you want."
     "There is nothing I want from you."
     "They've turned you against me. I should have killed you when I had the chance." Aden's eyes raged with anger.
     "They didn't turn me against you. I did it of my own free will."
     "Move out of my way!" Aden shouted.
     "You'll have to go through me first!"
     As Aden continued to circle around us, I could sense movement from the fallen, edging closer to Michael and me. The alkin must have sensed it too as they positioned themselves right behind us and immediately began to attack the fallen.
     Michael moved me to the left and then to the right, fighting while shielding me. Though the fallen were fewer in number than before, they were retaliating in full force. In the midst of all the chaos, I lost my grip on the flashlight, and it tumbled off the cliff. Instinctively I reached for it, and in that split second someone or something collided against me, and I plummeted off the cliff.
     Gravity was pulling me faster than my body could resist. I'd always heard that at the moment of death, one's life flashed before their eyes; all the moments that had brought them to that point, big or small. All I could think of was death itself and the one person who had changed my life forever--Michael. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Mary is an international bestselling, award-winning author. She writes soulful, spellbinding stories that excite the imagination and captivate readers around the world. Her books span a wide range of genres, and her storytelling talents have earned a devoted legion of fans, as well as garnered critical praise.
Becoming an author happened by chance. It was a way to grieve the death of her beloved grandmother, and inspired by a dream she had in high school. After realizing she wanted to become a full-time author, Mary retired from teaching after twenty years. She also had the privilege of touring with the Magic Johnson Foundation to promote literacy and her children’s chapter book: No Bullies Allowed.
Mary resides in Southern California with her husband, two children, and two little dogs, Mochi and Mocha. She enjoys oil painting and making jewelry. Being a huge Twilight fan, Mary was inspired to make book-themed jewelry and occasionally gives it away as prizes to her fans.
Author Links:
#Free Book Tour 
#crossroads #fantays #ya #maryting #kindleunlimited #bestseller 
@MaryTing

Comments