Skip to main content

Abrupt Changes (O-Town) Romance by Karen Renee ➱ Release Tour

Title: Abrupt Changes
Series: O-Town Series
Author: Karen Renee
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 16, 2021
Cover Design: FuriousFotog


Raegan
Weeks after a bitter divorce, tragedy brings me back to Orlando for the foreseeable future to care for my mother and determine what direction my life should take.
When someone unlocks the back door to my mother’s house, I expect an intruder.
I never thought I’d run into Clint Ramsey like this.
After nine years, my attraction to him hasn’t faded.
He not only has a key to Mom’s house, he has a key to my heart.
It takes all my resolve to steel myself against him and the magnetic pull he’s always held over me.

Clint
When I fell in love with Raegan, I fell in love with her mom and sister, too.
The day I left her in New York City was the worst day of my life. It destroyed our future, and I’ve regretted it ever since.
With Raegan back in Orlando, I’m determined to keep my distance to protect my heart and my peace of mind. The problem is deep down; I know this is my last shot at happiness and I won’t let it slip away.
When Raegan’s safety is threatened, I must fight to protect the only woman I’ve ever loved.





The sound of a walker sliding across the floor woke me. I sat up and Penny smiled.

“Good morning, Clint. You could’ve slept in a bedroom last night.”

I shook my head. “Raegan said the same thing, but I wouldn’t have heard anything if I were in Wynnie’s room.”

“Not the bedroom I was thinking of,” she muttered as she approached the stove.

I bit back my chuckle while shaking my head. 

When I was in my jeans, I threw my dress shirt on but didn’t button it. I grabbed two coffee mugs and put them next to the stove. Penny avoided my eyes, but I had patience and stared at her until she looked at me.

“What?”

“We aren’t getting back together, Penny. I appreciate that you hold hope, but you need to direct it elsewhere.”

“Plenty of people have told me not to cling to hopes, Clint. And I never listened to a damned one of them. You’re a fine man, but you’re no different. I’m not gonna listen to you tell me not to hope for the best things for my girl. And make no mistake, you are the best thing that ever happened to my Rae-of-sunshine.”

I closed my eyes as heat hit my chest. Those were really nice words, but I wished they’d come from Raegan.

After a deep breath, I opened my eyes. “Thank you, Penny. I just don’t want to see you get hurt.”

She shook her head. “Watching life pass my daughter by is what will hurt. Not holding onto the hope she comes to her damn senses.”

“Penny,” I whispered.

“Now. You still take cream with your coffee? Hate to tell you, but we don’t have that Cafe Bustello stuff you like. Your choices are a breakfast blend or this cockamamie caramel latte business Raegan picked up.”

“It’s a caramel macchiato, Mom and there’s nothing cockamamie about it,” Raegan said from the doorway.

In the middle of the night, I had missed her shapely legs in those insanely short shorts. Her nipples beaded under the bright blue t-shirt with three clouds across the chest. I ignored all of that, but the sight of her hair piled on top of her head in a messy bun made my dick twitch because I desperately wanted to yank it all down before I kissed her hard.

Dammit

I had to stop those thoughts or the visions they brought on were going to kill me.

I faced Penny, who had a knowing smirk on her face, and said, “Breakfast blend is fine, and two creams plus one sugar works for me. Just point me in the direction of the sugar.”

“It’s right behind you. I’ll be right back,” Raegan mumbled before she hustled down the hallway.

I heard coffee being poured into mugs while I grabbed the sugar container. When I looked to Penny, she wore her lopsided smile. “I think it was something you said, Clint.”











Karen Renee is the author of the Riot Motorcycle Club, Beta, and O-Town series of books. She once crunched Nielsen ratings data but these days she brings her imagination to life by writing books. She has wanted to be a writer since she was very young, but it's taken the last twenty plus years for her to amass enough courage and overall life experience to bring that dream to life. Some of those life experiences came from the wonderful world of advertising, banking, and local television media research. She is a proud wife and mother, and a Jacksonville native. When she's not at the soccer field or cooking, you can find her at her local library, the grocery store, in her car jamming out to some tunes, or hibernating while she writes and/or reads books.


HOSTED BY:
#NewRelease Tour 
#abruptchangesrelease #abruptchangeskarenrenee #karenreneeauthor #newrelease #mustread #otownseries #buynow #oneclick #februaryrelease #contemporaryromance #enticingjourney
 @karenreneewrite

Comments