Skip to main content

Good Girls Curtsy :Women's Fiction by Dena Nicotra Narrated by Kendra Murray ➱ Audio Tour

   

Author: Dena Nicotra

Narrator: Kendra Murray

Length: 5 hours 26 minutes

Publisher: Dena M. Nicotra

Released: Dec. 31, 2020

Genre: Women's Fiction

MayVee Baker has lived by the rules that shaped the edges and sharpened the corners of her existence since the earliest days of her childhood. Common courtesies, pleasantries, etiquette, and smooth manners formed her behavior and served as her compass. Even if it meant silencing her voice and sacrificing her own needs. She lost herself along the way. Now she will need to challenge everything she knows to find herself, live the life she deserves, and raise her daughter to know how to slay her own dragons. Acceptance, understanding, forgiveness, and grace open a pathway to finding our true selves.
Dena Nicotra was born in Southern California and grew up between the busy city and a small town in Arkansas. She is a copywriter, freelance journalist, and holds a degree in Communications. She currently lives in a small desert town in California with her husband and one very spoiled little dog. She's mom to two grown sons that she calls her sun and moon. ​When she's not writing, she can be found in the kitchen cooking up something special for family and friends.
WebsiteTwitterFacebookInstagram
Kendra performed in numerous plays in high school and college, and directed a play for her senior project, which earned her the school Drama Cup. She apprenticed at, and managed the Box Office of the Berkshire Theatre Festival in Stockbridge, Mass. She performed, produced and directed radio plays with Petaluma Radio Players. Kendra narrates audiobooks across many genres, as solo narrator and as duet narrators with her husband, Ralph Scott, all available on audible.com. She frequently “speaks” in character voices for her dog, Gandalf, and her cats, Merlin and Saffira. She has two young adult children and a stepdaughter. Kendra is an avid knitter and spinner, and is very crafty.
Website
 
 
Q&A with Author Dena Nicotra
  1. Tell us about the process of turning your book into an audiobook.
    1. Other than some publication delays that were out of our hands due to the pandemic, It was seamless. Kendra Murray is a consummate professional and we’ve worked together before. She made it a very smooth process.
  2. Do you believe certain types of writing translate better into audiobook format?
    1. I think that any good book can translate well in an audio format, and there’s such a demand for it in our society today.
  3. Was a possible audiobook recording something you were conscious of while writing?
    1. Not at all. I think that I was more focused on telling the story as a whole. That said, I definitely heard the characters in my head.
  4. How did you select your narrator?
    1. Kendra Murray and I worked together on another book I wrote called, “Simple.” She has a gift as a storyteller, and I am delighted to have such a great partner to help bring my stories to life.
  5. How closely did you work with your narrator before and during the recording process?
    1. It only took one sample recording and we were off and running! We have a great rapport. I think I’m really lucky, because Kendra just gets me and my vision. Once the writing is done, it’s entirely in her hands and she brings it to life.
  6. Did you give them any pronunciation tips or special insight into the characters?
    1. Yes. We worked very closely on character traits, pronunciations, and even backstories when applicable.
  7. Were there any real life inspirations behind your writing?
    1. Oh yeah. I wore those bobby socks in the third grade. Aside from that, there are definitely some characters in my book that are loosely based on real life inspirations. I study people, and I always patch traits together that I’ve stored in my head.
  8. If you had the power to time travel, would you use it? If yes, when and where would you go?
    1. I’d use it in a heartbeat! I love the concept of time travel! In fact, the first books I published (The Weaver Series) are based on the concept of being able to manipulate time and events. If I could use it, I would go back to my first year in high-school and I’d enjoy it more. Especially that 1965 Mustang I used to have…and I wouldn’t make a left turn in front of that car thinking I had the right of way. I was fine, but my car? Not so much.
  9. If this title were being made into a TV series or movie, who would you cast to play the primary roles?
    1. That’s a tough one, because I mash traits and cobble characters together from bits and pieces of people from different points in time that come together to sort of flesh out the characters in my head. For example, I see a younger Calista Flockhart as MayVee (think of the movie “The Birdcage). Maybe Neil Patrick Harris as Danny. Richard has bits of Jonathan Van Ness, especially his gorgeous hair. I definitely think of Harry Connick, Jr. as Lou (think of the movie “Hope Floats”). Deidra is a cross between Janeane Garofalo and a dear friend.
  10. Have any of your characters ever appeared in your dreams?
    1. Not for this book, but it has happened with other works.
  11. What bits of advice would you give to aspiring authors?
    1. I believe that any talent takes nurturance and practice. If you love to write, make the time and never give up. Tell your stories!
Click here to view the full tour schedule!

Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.

Sign up as a tour host here.
Join us for the Audio Tour with Author Interview
#goodgirlscurtsy #womensfiction #denanicotra #kendramurray
@DenaNicotra

Comments