Skip to main content

Our Book Thoughts and Recommendations 💖 Week of April 18th

 


📚 Our Book Picks for the Week of April 18th


🤴 Prince Charming by K. Webster

💍 With This Ring by Natasha Knight

🏈 Away Game by Harlow Layne

⚔️ Dark Flame by Kat Silver

🛸 Stealing Jia by Gail Koger

🖤 My Wicked Heart by T.L. Smith


See all of our reviews and recommendations

Amazon  BookBub  Goodreads 



Prince Charming (Cinderella, #2)Prince Charming by K. Webster
Description:
Winston Constantine is no prince charming...
I crave him so badly I think I might be losing my mind. He’s right in front of me, but he’s just as remote as my dreams of getting away from my stepbrothers. I keep playing his twisted games, and I want to stay just as distant as he is. But I can’t. I never could. I’ve fallen for him. Hopelessly. Irrevocably.
But Winston isn’t a lover, he’s a business venture.
A way for me to pay for college.
A ticket out.
He’s never pretended to be anything other than that.
I can’t blame him for making me fall in love.
There can be no happily ever after between a maid and a prince, no matter what the stories say
Our Thoughts 💭:
I don't care that it's a little out there -
That it most definitely falls in the fairytale category -
That our hero -
A villain who hides his marshmallowy goodness behind a sinister sneer -
Is ruthless.
Prides himself on his superiority, his cruelty
- or -
That he is a dirty-minded manipulator -
I love that our heroine is all in for the win -
An angel who enjoys getting dirty -
That she still believes in herself and the dream -
Because together?
They are flawless - Unstoppable
They make me laugh -
They make me feel
I loathe the triplets something fierce but dang does Win deliver them their just desserts - Holy Schnikeys!!
Ash's dad is finally seeing but yet he still seems to miss the big pic
The selfish stepmother looks like she is about to get her comeuppance
Win you know you do - stop looking for excuses.
Ash don't let go -
Leo, you are not as smart as you think you are
Win's mom what are you up to? What secrets are you hiding?
This continues right where we left off and things only get a whole lot dirty and a touch more twisted. Some eyes are opened. Some lives are altered. And I think Momma Win has a secret.
This ends on a betrayal (?) that had me screaming "Open your eyes, you fool!!"
#princecharming #adultfairytale #cinderella #romance #kwebster
Amazon  Kobo  Nook  Google  Apple

With This RingWith This Ring by Natasha Knight
Description:
When I rescued Scarlett De La Cruz from her tower it’s not like her prospects were looking so great. 
You’d think she’d show a little gratitude. Thank me for putting my ring on her finger and marking her as mafia property.
My property.
I’ll keep her safe. And the trade-off isn’t so bad. Most women would jump at the chance to sleep in my bed. 
Not Scarlett, though.
My Cartel Princess has a big mouth and an even bigger attitude. But it’s her furious caramel eyes that keep me coming back for more. That and the way her body bends to mine like it already knows it belongs to me.
Scarlett is my enemy. She’s also the one woman I can’t keep my hands off. 
But if I don’t keep my head on straight, everything I’ve worked for all these years will have been for nothing
Our Thoughts 💭:
"Enemies crawl inside my house the way maggots crawl over a corpse. "
Holy Crispy Crackers! My heart is pounding!
This is mafia romance as only Knight can deliver.
A hero that straddles a fine line between right and wrong, love and hate.
A heroine whose bite is far deadlier than her bark.
Cristiano wanted vengeance
What he didn't count on was a mouthy little kitten with some serious claws
Or how deep said claws would dig beneath his skin
Scarlett has spent the last decade living in her own version of hell She has faced the devil and his minions with her head hell high -
She knew what monsters to expect each day she set her feet upon the floor anew
Until the day a vengeful monster spared her life and stole her sanity
The fire. The raw emotional need that simmers just beneath the surface between these two
The painful words tossed about when they felt threatened
The fact that no matter how many people stood with them they still stood alone
Suspense ✔️
Betrayal ✔️
Bloodshed ✔️
Holy Chit moments ✔️
Lawd I need to know how this plays out
This ends on a hellacious hanging by the tips of your nails cliffy!
#withthisring #tohaveandtohold #gothicromance #dark #mafia #romanticsuspense #natashaknight
Amazon  Kobo  Nook  Google  Apple  

Away Game (Willow Bay, #1)Away Game by Harlow Layne
Description:
The plan was to move away and never look back.
Get away from him, out from under my father’s disapproving stare, and start a new life in Willow Bay.
It was supposed to be my fresh start, but instead my past followed me.
The one thing I desired and couldn’t have.
Weston Jackson.
I hated how he made me feel things that I couldn’t give into without turning my world upside down.
I wanted to make him pay.
For the way my father now looked at me. For the way I saw myself.
But most of all... for wanting him the way I did.
This is a full-length high school and college enemies-to-lovers and new adult romance with high angst, suspense, and gutting emotion. It’s book one in the Willow Bay series that will have interlinking storylines. Away Game can be read as a standalone and starts off a three-book planned series. This is the only MM story. The others are MF
Our Thoughts 💭:
"Then, now and always"
West and Fin ...
Just the right balance
Fin was fearful of how he felt around West so he responded as most do when they don't understand something or it is different
He made sure he felt powerful around it.
He growled at it.
Stomped on it.
Made sure it feared him more than he feared it
West had come to terms with Fin's hatred -
Didn't understand it but knew it was what it was
They lived in different worlds only orbiting one another on rare occasions. West could live with that.
Until their worlds collided
Be prepared to experience a rollercoaster of emotions with this group
This is a slow build romance with the perfect amount of angst.
I appreciated that the characters weren't drowning in the drama of their own making. They were testing life, attempting that thing called adulting, discovering where they fit in the overall scheme of the universe.
I was instantly in love with West and Fin grew on me pretty quick. The supporting cast was just as easy to get attached to.
A couple of scenes I wish the author had expanded on, then again I didn't want the story to end so I could just be a bit greedy - who knows
I must say though...
No wonder Fin was so angry with the world- his sperm donor is horse's excrement!
West was blessed with a solid family- I truly believe that was what allowed him to see past the posturing Fin always displayed and see the man within and to forgive him
Oz has a secret - I don't know what it is but he is hiding something
I'm also curious about Ridley and Ford being a first in series I'm hoping we get their stories
#awaygame #willowbay #mm #enemiestolovers #newadult #romance #kindleunlimited #harlowlayne
Amazon

Dark Flame (Flame Born, #1)Dark Flame by Kat Silver
Description:
“I know who you are because you belong to me. You were born to be mine.” ~ Prince Alexei Vasiliev
Haunted by the death of his parents, Michael Blakeley wants answers. The twenty-six-year-old martial artist seeks their killer, but he also wants to know why electronics short out at his touch, and why his libido is a raging fire.
So when a group of soldiers calling themselves Guardians rescue him from a back alley ambush and claim to have the answers he needs, he agrees to go with them. Especially when they tell him the attackers were vampires. But nothing in this supernatural underworld is as it seems, and when the silver-eyed commander cages him instead, Michael’s answers slip further away.
Can Michael find safety from the vampire prince who claims him? Can he escape the dark destiny he discovers is written into his blood? And will he break the chains of the commander who keeps him captive? The one man he has no desire to leave?
Dark Flame is the first pulse-pounding book in the Flame Born LGBT urban fantasy series. If you like enemies to lovers, shifters, sexy vampire princes, and scorching heat, you’ll love this smoldering tale of bloodlust and magic. There is content some readers may find distressing. Meant for mature audiences.
Our Thoughts 💭:
As unsure as I am about who I can trust
Who has ulterior motives
And what the prince and the commander are hiding
Because they are hiding something
I can't imagine how confused and alone Michael must feel
His day started like any other but ended with him feeling lost and alone in a world he did not know existed
Hated and feared for things beyond his ability to control but his to account for none the less
And drawn to two very different men
Both who call to him
Both of whom have ulterior motives
I read this in one sitting -
Action-packed from the first scene to the last
Plenty of breadcrumb trails that, kept me flipping the pages
Suspense in spades - I still am trying to unravel all the clues
A romance that lies just beneath the surface - like a taunt rope - the slightest pressure bound to make it snap
The world-building is five stars.
We are given glimpses of the different planes(?) as well as species (fairy, witches, vamps, shifters, and more) along with a bit of their background. More than enough to form a solid foundation
And the cast
Holy Hades!
I was loathing certain characters in one scene then questioning the why of my feelings the next - Am I wrong? Are the facts twisted so I see what I hope to see?
I truly don't know for sure who I trust
Except for a certain family, I doubt I will ever like any of them
A solid five start to the series
I'm excited to see what happens next
This ends on a to be continued
#darkflame #flameborn #MM #urbanfantasy  #action #katsilver
Amazon  Kobo  Nook  Google  Apple

Stealing Jia (Coletti Warlords #12)Stealing Jia by Gail Koger
Description:
Jia grew up in an orphanage that turned children into master thieves and gave the school of hard knocks a run for its money. Jia’s psychic talents have kept her alive, but not out of trouble. While searching for her adopted brother, Jia finds herself on a galactic adventure with a horde of extra-terrestrial kids she’s determined to protect. Adding to the chaos is an Askole Battle Commander who claims she is his mate. How is that even possible? They’ve never met.
Trayon, the Battle Commander, is a deadly Askole. Huge. Battle hardened muscles. A regular warrior’s nightmare with black, armor-plated skin and tentacles. Who knew the scary guy was such an excellent kisser and had the heart of a romantic? All Jia ever wanted was a family of her own. Maybe an alien family wouldn’t be so bad.
To win Jia, Trayon must prove he loves her and she’s not some female the Coletti Overlord just sold him. But first, he has to keep the trouble magnet alive long enough to convince her.
Our Thoughts 💭:
Oh my those wee little monsters stole my heart 💞
Stealing Jia continues the light-hearted hearted romantic comedy suspense I have come to expect from this series.
Jia is an orphan with a few special gifts. After a childhood spent thieving and ghosting she finally has acquired her own slice of heaven
An animal sanctuary and a haven for those who need hiding, the less fortunate as she once was
Things are going well, life is good until people begin to disappear When one of her only true companions is among the missing
Jia takes matters into her own hands 🙈
Let the chaos begin
Chaos seems to follow Jia everywhere that along with her habit of speaking her mind had me laughing through most of the story
I loved how protective she was of her charges - wait until you meet this heart-melting headache-inducing tribe she comes to call her own
Trayon was a whole different alpha than the Coletti warriors. He is firm but fair. He has a sweet sense of humor that begins to show once you get past his scales.
Things are heating up in the battle between good and evil
New alliances are forged and betrayals are uncovered
Another light-hearted and entertaining addition to the series
#stealingjia #colletiwarlord  #scifi #romance #gailkoger
Amazon  Kobo  Nook  Google  Apple

My Wicked Heart (Wicked Poison, #2)My Wicked Heart by T.L. Smith
Description:
He’s an ex-convict.
I am the prized daughter of a family known for their name.
We always knew it couldn’t work, but that didn’t mean we wouldn’t try.
But when we did, it was all torn apart.
He was locked away.
And I was helpless to stop the mass destruction that followed.
He was wicked to my heart.
And just like poison, the effects can be dangerous.
Our Thoughts 💭:
"I had you for a moment."
I was soooooo mad at August
I couldn't see a way for him to make things right.
What he did?
At that moment when it was revealed - all I felt was a deep betrayal.
How could he?
Time is supposed to heal everything or at least ease the pain
Five years had passed and I think it hurt even more.
Things somehow do work out
The picking up and repairing of all the broken pieces, the revelations, the why's that brought us to an understanding...
It was an emotional journey.
Sometimes it is the little miracles that have the ability to open the most holden of hearts.
I'm going to apologize to mom (Rich Girl's). I might have been a bit harsh. I don't approve of your actions nor do the "reasons" IMO justify them, but I think understand better why.
Beckham, I see what you are doing and you need to come to terms with the past.
Stop feeding the beast inside you - let him go.
It's time.
Rich Girl...
You did good
Anderson, you were then and always will be less than the muck others walk upon. True respect is earned.
Life doesn't give guarantees
Make the best of each moment
Plan for forever but
Love like there is no tomorrow
This ends with an HFN -
I am thinking we will see a certain someone else get their HFN soon as a few threads were left lose
#mywickedheart #wickedpoison #newadult #romance #suspense #tlsmith
Amazon  Kobo  Nook  Google  Apple

FB: @authorkwebster @natashaknightauthor @harl0wlayne @silverkat1995 @gail.koger.3 @tl.smith.359

Twitter: @KristiWebster @NatashaKnight13 @Harl0wLayne @kat_author @Askole @LsmithT


Instagram: @authorkwebster @natashaknightromance @harl0wlayne @katsilverwrites @gkoger58 @tlsmith1313

Comments