Skip to main content

🧐 This Weeks Spotlight Reads ➱ Book Recommendations for Sept 11th

 


💖 Our Book Thoughts and Recommendations 


🩸 Of Blood and Tears by Maria Macdonald

🕛 Misadventures with a Duke by Angel Payne

🦂 Sunsets & Showdowns by Maz Maddox

🧭 Dead of Summer by Samantha Wilde

💞 Broken Heir by Alison Aimes

❣️ Devil's Redemption by Natasha Knight


Amazon  BookBub  Goodreads 



You can use the Bookbub/Goodreads links beneath each to get to a participating book retailer

Of Blood and TearsOf Blood and Tears by Maria Macdonald
Description:
Monsters. They were all around me.
I was only a kid when I ran, still, I would have joined the circus as a clown just to escape the devil himself. My future wasn’t filled with rainbows and flowers, it was filled with death and torture. I was cleaning, just with a gun in my back pocket, instead of a duster.
To survive, I’d done it all. 
Then he’d come along and I’d fallen into his world.
Ronin King. Savior. Monster. Mine.
Our Thoughts 💭:
I don't even know where to start
These two remind me of a tsunami reigning down vengeance
They are a result of their past traumas leaving them void of some of society's morality clauses (if you can call it that lol)
Together they form a force that delivers chaos and destruction allowing a type of rebirth from the carnage - I do not want to give anything away
The first few chapters felt "detached" - for lack of a better descriptor - but slowly the pieces began to come together forming a solid picture and I began connecting with the characters - I still wish we had a bit more time with them developing their bond
Ronin is a shadow, a spectral presence in the beginning
We think we know him or what he is about
But he is not who he portrays
Hope is a beautiful disaster -
Broken with all those enticing jagged edges
Together?
They are a bit like the circus funhouse
A bit of misdirection - some jump scares - the occasional blast of fresh air - then back into the tumbler you go
Lol - it felt that way
I do hope this will be a series
Lots of action, revenging, crimson splatter, betrayal, fluffy friends, and hades-level intimacy
#Vigilante #Justice #Assassination #Thrillers #MMacdonald

Misadventures with a DukeMisadventures with a Duke by Angel Payne
Description:
Even optimists have bad days, but Raegan Tavish’s streak has lasted for weeks. The rising star of fashion stylists is dealing with both a bad break-up and a creative slump, so apartment sitting for her lovebird friends feels like a way to realign karma—until fate has its say.
Our Thoughts 💭:
Imagine being teleported from the late 1700s to the 2000s?
Now imagine it happening just after the biggest betrayal and loss of your life?
Now imagine the absolutely hilarious misadventures that are sure to befall you as you try to not only return to your own time period but all try to convince the woman who owns your heart - that she is your one?
Thank goodness she may have a little background in malfunctioning wardrobes that have nothing to do with lions and tigers and...
Yeah you get my drift
This was such a fantastical adventure
I believe there is a series that connects with this but don't worry it easily stands alone - though now I am left really curious about her BFF's
I laughed - I got angry - I wished - and most of all I was left
believing once again in the magic of true love
#timetravel #romance #contemporary #fiction #misadventures #angelpayne

Sunsets & Showdowns (Stallion Ridge, #7)Sunsets & Showdowns by Maz Maddox
Description:
West Klelbor is a ghost.
A Centaur without honor, West has kept to the shadows out of reach from the nefarious legends surrounding his name. His brother Cal believes he is long dead, and West has been careful to maintain the lie for the past several years to keep him safe. When a mysterious stranger warns West that Stallion Ridge is in danger, West has to wrestle with his own ghosts to confront the very real threats against his brother’s life. This is the final book in the Stallion Ridge series. 
Our Thoughts 💭:
"Find love in strength and honor"
This is the final book in the series and I hesitated to flip that final page
I don't wanna go 😭
From the first book to this last one - this journey has been nothing but spectacular
Vivid characters that burrow deep in your heart - become family
Imaginative stories that transported the reader - feel like a participant, not an observer
I am truly going to miss this cast
"No matter what has brought you here, what demons are behind you, today we fight for what is right and just"
The final showdown at Stallion Ridge
Gin has sworn to protect one side (trying not to spoil)
And West the opposing
Problem here?
They are Yin and Yang to each other - on and off the battlefield
Both had pasts they were running from
Both had honor and loyalty - even if West questioned his
Both feel the pull toward the other
This book brings the series to a complete close
It was filled with action, revelations, sacrifice, heartbreak, family, and the sweetest of romances
My words can not do this book or this series justice
I want to thank the gang at Stallion Ridge for letting me share in their journeys
I will miss all of you
#LGBTQ #fantasy #western #action #romance #mazmaddox
Amazon

Dead of Summer (Whistlemore, #3)Dead of Summer by Samantha Wilde
Description:
A one-night stand was all Desiree Zimmerman wanted, but she’s bitten off more than she can chew with Aiden Thorne. The hot cop gave her the ride of her life, but she can’t risk getting involved with someone from town. Not when her business’s reputation is on the line. But when she walks into her shop and finds the front window has been smashed by a brick with a nasty note attached to it, she’s forced to call the police. Of course, her poor decision is the one who responds to the call.
Our Thoughts 💭:
This was a quick read (or I was just that invested 😂)
I know it was a novella still...
I knew who the culprit was pretty early but only because I was looking in and not in the middle of the mayhem
First props to Dez for her morning after walk - I was laughing as she tried to get herself together for her disappearing act
I think Aiden was as impressed as I was with her getaway
Aiden was captured by her - the ease of their conversations, her charm, the way they clicked physically
He wanted more
He was tossing up the best way to pursue Dez when fate intervened by way of an aggressive stalker who seems hades bent on destroying Dez's life landing her back under his roof
Now to keep her safe, find her attacker, and make her realize he is the one for her
Easy Right?
#romanticsuspense #secondchance #samathawilde 
Amazon  Bookbub  Goodreads 

Broken Heir (Ruthless Warlords, #3)Broken Heir by Alison Aimes
Description:
Broken Heir: A Dark Mafia Omegaverse Fated-Mates Romance, Book Three, is the third book in the Ruthless Warlords series. It is a scorching HOT standalone, though it is recommended to read the series in order for the greatest enjoyment.
Our Thoughts 💭:
Strap yourself in tight this is one beautifully bumpy ride!
Alexia was on Sartin under the guise of an alliance via a claiming of an Omega. He would do anything to follow the lead on his missing brother, including taking a prime.
Keira was working the underground when things went FUBAR she was looking for a hiding place
What she found was Alexia
I was worried about how the author would spin Alexi's tale
He is such a complicated character - I know all the Skolovs are - but IMO he is his own worst enemy. He sees himself as broken, beyond repair, a total duck up, not worthy.
He has used chemicals to quiet his beast and keep control for so long that I questioned if he would be able to sober up long enough to take a chance
Keira is his match in so many ways.
She is a professional at being who or what she needs to be in the moment. Her strength, her ability to see past others' facades - Her belief that she could do what she needed to was a gift.
These two were explosive. The back and forth. The way Alexia's beast claimed what he wanted. The way Keira saw both of them. Saw beyond the pain. They were the others missing half - together they were complete.
And the chemistry?
Hot! Hot! Hades Hot!
This is part of a series I do recommend reading in order
#omegaverse #fantasy  #scifi #romance #alisonaimes
Amazon   Bookbub   Goodreads 

Devil's Redemption (The Devil's Pawn Duet, #2)Devil's Redemption by Natasha Knight
Description:
Isabelle 
Just when I was beginning to trust my husband, he betrayed me.
Just when I thought I was falling in love he showed me the beast he truly is.
I understand his thirst for revenge. But I don’t want to play this game of pawn and puppet master.
Jericho
I have exactly what I want. Revenge.
Soon everything the Bishops have will be mine.
But it will cost me more than I bargained.
The conclusion to the Devil's Pawn Duet  
Our Thoughts 💭:
I am still a bit peeved with Jericho despite getting a better glimpse at his marshmallow side - I reserve the right to stay mad
Isabelle finally finds her footing and steps up -
Not only is she done not knowing the details but she's done being a pawn -
In anyone's games
You will want to hang on for this ending -
Actually, most of the read was one twisted reveal after another -
I found myself going from pillar to post - I was either gasping out loud in complete disbelief, sighing because I was fooled into thinking everything was going to work out or white-knuckling my reader in fear of what lay on the next page
Some events I saw coming - Others?
Holy Sifted Shadows-
Just wait for it
#dark #revenge #newadult #romanticsuspense #natashaknight
Amazon   Bookbub   Goodreads 



#whattoread #tbr #bookworm #bookaddict #bibliophile #booknerd #romance #romancereads #authorsofinstagram #bookblogger #bookblogs #readingromance  #booksofinstagram #bookstagram #instabook #bookworms #greatreads #readersofig #readerforlife 

Comments