Skip to main content

Operation Mom: My Plan to Get My Mom a Life... and a Man a Coming of Age Romantic Comedy by Reenita Malhotra Hora ➱ Join us for the Book Tour






 Synopsis (from Amazon):

Ila, a Mumbai-based teenager, is going nuts with Veena, her controlling, single mother who prevents her from stalking her pop idol, Ali Zafar. Veena wants her daughter to date real guys in the lead-up to finding a husband. But Ila decides that the only way to get her mom off her back is by finding her a boyfriend instead. With the help of her best friend Deepali, her crush Dev and her mother’s best friend Maleeka, they will come up with a plan to make it happen by setting up a profile in dating apps.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3WlLUdB


Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/62589043-operation-mom


Excerpt

IT ALL BEGAN with Deepali wanting to experiment with her sexuality.

“It’s about discovering the feminine mystique,” Deepali said. She peered out of the corner of her eye towards the far end of the school canteen, twirling a thick lock of hair that hung down over her left ear.

“That’s a book by Gloria Steinem…No, Betty Friedan,” I replied.

“Yaar, don’t be so literal. Just think about it. If you kiss a girl, maybe you’ll understand how a boy feels when he kisses you. It’s an experiment.” Interesting…the only thing I had experimented with was with sulphuric acid in a lab.

“There must be something you want to experiment with this summer," Deepali continued, scrutinizing her perfectly manicured nails. “Something that you are obsessed with, that you love.

And that Aunty Veena probably despises you for.”

It was just like Deepali to have a dig at Aunty Veena, my mom. She did it only to test boundaries; riling me up was a matter of entertainment for Deepali. It had been ever since we were five. Every play date, every sleepover. Deepali was convinced that I was too over my head in trying to please my mother, so she did everything possible to encourage me to rebel. Although this trait had annoyed me throughout our twelve or so years of friendship, it was definitely a truism that helped me confront my inadequacies. Isn’t that what BFFs are for?

But back to being obsessed. Yes, I knew all about that. In no particular order, I was besotted with:


1. Ice-cream

2. Puppy dogs

3. Ali Zafar

4. Roller-coaster rides

5. Sleeping in on weekends.

6. Dev


Okay, okay, I admit that’s not entirely true. So let me rephrase.

In this particular order, I was crazy about:


1. Ali Zafar

2. Ali Zafar’s voice

3. Ali Zafar’s eyes

4. Dreaming about Ali Zafar

5. Ice-cream, puppy dogs, roller-coaster rides, sleeping in

on weekends, Dev.


No, not Dev! Perish the thought! He was far from being anywhere near my league. In recent days, I had more exposure to this particular so-called love interest of Deepali’s. Yes, I choose my words carefully, but as long as the ‘so-called’ part was still valid, I needed to put him out of my head and focus on Ali Zafar, Pakistan’s hunkiest singer-songwriter who, until my very recent experience with Dev, had been the object of my attention since I was fifteen.

Mom could never stomach my obsession with Ali Zafar. As far as she was concerned, two years was way too long to have a teen pop idol crush. “For god’s sake, Ila, get a grip,” she would grumble, perhaps on a weekly, if not daily, basis. I couldn’t understand why it so riled her, but I did try to reason. “I’m in love, Mom. You were seventeen once. You should know the deal.”

“Yes, I do know the deal.” She was, as always when it came to Ali Zafar, dismissive. “The deal being that, at seventeen, you can’t tell love from the backside of a bus.”

Mom’s metaphors are so confusing. “Ali Zafar is a beautiful man. He can hardly be compared to the backside of anything.”

“Still, you should set a more achievable target.”

Should. Conversations with Mom are always peppered with the word. Ila, you should this; Ila, you should that. Perhaps I should, but in my eyes, just one target counted—Ali Zafar. He was definitely more achievable than Dev.

I’ve never been much of a groupie, but I figured I could spend most of the summer following Ali around the country from concert to concert. Some people travel, some do internships. I could make an art out of stalking my celebrity. If not an art, a science. That’s what I wanted to experiment with.

Recently, while shopping at Phoenix Mills, I couldn’t help but notice a horde of people and cars in front of the mall. I finagled my way into the crowd, anxious to find out what the fuss was about. A big black sedan drove up to the front. A sedan in Mumbai? Must be some big shot. The car door opened and out stepped a black tank-topped, skin-tight-jeaned Ali Zafar, bodyguard and all! A lady-killing machine. You should have seen the jaw-dropping entourage cluster around him as he sauntered over to the popcorn vendor.

My heart pounded harder and harder with every step he took farther into the mall. He took off his dark glasses and smiled at the crowd. At one point, his eyes actually met mine—the ultimate moment of romantic connection.

“Hey, babe,” he said with a twinkle in his eye.

Of course, I couldn’t say anything. What can one possibly say in response to a ‘hey, babe’ from the world’s hottest teen pop idol? I just stood there, frozen to the bone, trying to conceal the embarrassment that spread through my being. What I was actually nervous about, I have no idea—the sheer thrill of being acknowledged by my heartthrob had rendered me utterly useless.

Within seconds, he had left me for someone else at the other end of the crowd. He posed coyly for photos with some girl and then with another girl, both of whom had been frantically pushing and shoving to get framed with him. And then his bodyguards skillfully maneuvered him into the lift.

What a colossal idiot I was. Instead of standing there like a victim of Medusa, I should have gone right up front and demanded a photo with him. I hate it when my nerves take over

my powers of judgement.

That was two months ago but, of course, I haven’t stopped thinking about it. Every day since, I have become increasingly obsessed with the idea of tracking him down.

Author Interview

On writing:

How did you do research for your book?
Having grown up in Mumbai, the research was easy. I knew the places I wanted to set the story in. I knew what they were about and the kind of crazy character chaos that I would find in those locations.  Of course, this being a YA book, me now being a full-fledged adult (at least in size if not maturity levels), I knew I had to be up with the ‘method of madness’ of the current Mumbai young adult. So I had huge amounts of fun talking to my school going nephew and his friends to learning the lingo, compare the mindset from my time to theirs and quickly adapt to the change. Then of course I had fun taking long bus rides through town and hanging out at places like Swati Snacks and Kalaghoda Cafe (locations referred to in the story) to people watch and eavesdrop on conversations.  Research is really one of the most fun parts of creating a story.

Which was the hardest character to write? The easiest?
Oof, this is hard to say. Ila and Veena (mother and daughter) are essentially the same woman in two different generational bodies. So when I look at the zany women in my own household, Yours Truly in particular, it isn’t hard to come up with traits and quirks that easily define these main characters. As to the hardest character again…there has been 

In your book you make a reference to....how did you come up with this idea? What made you write a book about…?
In my book, I make reference to George Michael of Wham, the famous English pop singer who I was desperately in love with in my teen years. And I know that I speak for just about every woman who grew up in the 80s!  The George Michael anecdote is taken directly  from my life – I stalked him in my teen years, and in mind you in those days there was no such thing as social media, cell phone - smart or dumb or the internet. So the fact that I traveled from Mumbai to London one summer and tracked him down is a real life example of investigative research that I take great pride in!
I guess here is the story – a year or two before I wrote the book, I was chatting with my brother’s friend at a party and somehow, we got talking about the whole George Michael episode. The guy listened with rapt amazement as I gave him the details of how I stalked the pop star through his cat. He said to me ‘That would make a great chick flick, you know!’
I was intrigued but know nothing about film so decided to turn it into YA chick-lit instead!


Where do you get inspiration for your stories?
Daily life to be honest. I don’t quite understand why or how but some kind of Divine Intervention constantly places me in ridiculous situations which, although often very stressful in the moment, play out like episodes from a comedy show when I relay the details to other people. 
The question about my inspiration is an interesting one - it keeps coming back to me over and over again. I always say that fiction is drawn from our non-fiction lives. As authors we get to have huge amounts of fun with this because we can draw from daily life and then use creative license to twist the facts.
It is one reason why I have created a podcast called ‘The True Fiction Project’ i.e. to explore the journey from non-fiction to fiction. More about that here: www.truefictionproject.com. 
When it comes to this particular book, I get  plenty of inspiration I get from the dysfunction of my daily family life. We are an opinionated breed of Punjabi women with feisty genetics and plenty of drama. The Mumbai setting was a no-brainer, this is the place I know, love and grew up in.Here is a video link to an interview I did that talks about my inspirations behind this book:
https://www.facebook.com/CHATANDCHAI/videos/730053857056866

There are many books out there about....What makes yours different?
Oh my goodness, do you like to laugh? If so then Operation Mom will hit your funny bone. I think that many of us Indians take ourselves too seriously and cliched as it sounds, laughter really is medicine for your mind-body. The BBC has done huge amounts of research on how it helps the aging process, supports fitness and keeps couples together. But this book is not simply about LOL moments, it’s about LOL moments in the Bombay context — it offers a real window into the trials and tribulations of the feisty Punjai woman in Bombay.
And then there is that whole element of predictability and safety in India. You don’t find stories where the daughter is setting the mother up – usually it happens the other way around. You don’t find stories which expose you to a variety of ethnic situations strewn around Mumbai – all ripe for comedic interpretation. That’s what I wanted to do. As a Mumbaikar…or a Bombay-ite, I feel like I have many affinities – to the Punjabi way of life, to the Parsi community, to places like Swati Snacks and Worli Seaface…these all found their way into my book.

What advice would you give budding writers?
Just write. Don’t worry about refining and re-refining your first drafts. The best thing you can do is to ‘spit’ them out. So many writers have a hard time spitting out what Anne Lamott correctly refers to in her book Bird by Bird as a “shitty first draft.”  There will be plenty of room and time for refining and polishing later.

Your book is set in (name place). Have you ever been there?
My book is set in contemporary Mumbai.  I grew up in Bombay…in the days before it became Mumbai.  Lots has changed …as with any city perhaps, but the underlying core is the same. This city defines a unique sense of values, culture, diversity and mindset that is peculiar to this place and this place only. My husband, also from Bombay and I have discussed many times that wherever we go in the world, if we run into a Bombay-ite, we immediately feel at home. And I know that I speak for every single Bombay-ite out there whether they are in Bombay or not.

In your book you state....why is that?
In my book I talk about relationships among flawed characters because isn’t this who we are and what makes us tick? I capture the sometimes-difficult relationship between mother and daughter, friend and friend, husband and wife, and boy and girl. My exploration is that of coming of age in a world filled with imperfect people. I aim to be both humorous and heartfelt, and from beginning to end, I resist any attempt to apply makeup to innocence, or hide the stubbornness or intelligence of my characters.

If you could put yourself as a character in your book, who would you be?
Another hard one. While in many ways I myself identify with the plight of Ila and her mom, Veena, it’s hard not to fall in love with the wild and wacky Aunty Maleeka or Deepali. They are the very antithesis of the classic Punjabi woman and in many ways they are who Veena and Ila live vicariously through. Truth is, I think we all need a bit of Aunty Maleeka or Deepali in our lives!


Do you have another profession besides writing?
Oh yes…a few too many in fact. I was a broadcast and print journalist for many years and also a marketing executive. I gave up my life in corporate America when I turned 50 to focus (almost) full time on my creative projects which include writing books, producing podcasts and narrative fiction audio series, writing shows, and developing my digital fiction product  for writers (chapterbyepsidoe.com) and lovers of genre fiction. I am currently working with some colleagues on developing a global audio storytelling platform for the South Asian diaspora and then I have a few boards that I serve on.
How long have you been writing?
All my life.  Literally since I was maybe 5 or 6. With all the different paths I have followed on my career journey, the one consistent thing has been the writing. I remember saying it over and over again as a child…and I remember a day when some kind of hokey soothsayer told my mother that indeed I would write books when I grew up.  That might have been one of the best days of my childhood. Soothsaying gone right!

Do you ever get writer’s block? What helps you overcome it?
In the early days, yes. Not so much now. But I like to go hiking….alone ….because it clears my head and gives me time and space to think without forcing me to chit-chat with people along the way.  Living between San Francisco and Malibu, I have plenty of opportunity to very easily escape to the Marin headlands or to Malibu Canyon.  In Mumbai, I take to the streets for an urban walk…it’s not something that a lot of people in Mumbai want to do but pushing past traffic and crowds somehow does the trick for me.

What is your next project?
Oof, which one?! As far as books and stories go, I would say Shadow Realm - Part 1 & 2 of the Arya Chronicles series.  This is a YA fantasy fiction story. Part 1 is already out as an audio series which you can check out here: www.thearyachronicles.com/podcast. We are currently in production for Season 2 which will launch in Spring 2023.  The print book version of Shadow Realm will be next as far as books go, followed hopefully soon thereafter by a graphic novel.

I also have a historical fiction novel in the works - Playtime at the Bagh and Ace of Blades, the “Succession-like” memoirs of my later father, RK.Malhotra, the dynamic creator of India’s home-grown shaving products industry.

What genre do you write and why?
Traditionally YA. YA fantasy, YA contemporary. I have also written a historical fiction novel which when I started out, I thought was YA primarily because the characters were 19 years old. But then I was told by my editors that 19 year olds in 1919 were pretty much full blown adults, so the genre should be classified as historical, literary or women’s fiction. Go figure.
I have also written a bunch of non-fiction - five self help books about Ayurveda and personal finance for Indian women. But my most recent non-fiction project is Ace of Blades, the “Succession-like” memoirs of my later father, RK.Malhotra, the dynamic creator of India’s home-grown shaving products industry. This is literary non-fiction

What is the last great book you’ve read?
David Sedaris - Theft by Finding
Also Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson.

What is a favorite compliment you have received on your writing?
Readers tell me that they can totally identify with my characters even if they are from a different culture. This makes me happy  😊 
Also Chanticleer Reviews said: “This book will have you laughing out loud. It will keep you reading into the night to see what life has in store for these lovable characters who leap off the page and capture your heart and your imagination. Reenita Malhotra Hora’s novel, Operation Mom: My Plan to Get My Mom a Life and a Man, is a highly recommended and delightful five-star read.”
This made me happy too 😊

How are you similar to or different from your lead character?
Like I alluded to earlier, in many ways I identify with the plight of Ila and her mom, Veena. Both of these characters are essentially the same woman in two different bodies. When I look at them, I see aspects of my teenage self and my adult self. My traits ring through in both — obsessiveness, zest for life, indomitable free spirit, my insecurities….oh yes!
If your book were made into a movie, who would star in the leading roles?
Okay so if the movie were made based upon the traditional story set in Mumbai, I’d have Tabu or Sushmita Sen play Mom/Veena and maybe Aliya Bhatt play Ila.
Heads up though, I have written a screenplay version setting the story in the USA, and my top choices here are Mindy Kaling or Priyanka Chopra for Veena/Mom and Maitreyi Ramakrishnan for Ila.


If your book were made into a movie, what songs would be on the soundtrack?
Ali Zafar’s Voh Dekhnay Mein.  This song was written for and about Ila !!
George Michael’s Faith And Wham’s Wake Me up before you go-go because there is a whole inside joke about this song written into the story. Because George Michael is, was and will always be my first true love.
But also Jimmy Cliff’s I can see clearly now….

What were the biggest rewards and challenges with writing your book?
The biggest reward…there are so many. It gave me the opportunity to go back into my 1117 year old mindset and live-think from that point of view. There might be NOTHING I love more than that. Then I love it when I hear from my readers that they just love the story, the characters, the comedy and they want more. And I particularly loved it when actress Julie Carmen asked me to write a screenplay version set in the USA keeping her in mind as the Western version of the Aunty Maleeka character. 😊
Challenges? There is always too little time in a day.

In one sentence, what was the road to publishing like?
A complete nightmare.  HarperCollins India had published a version of this in the days before the dating apps.  Years later, I decided to do an updated more fleshed out US/Western version. It was not easy to find a publisher at that point.  I chose to go with an indie publisher called GenZ. I was really impressed with their editorial comments given my target audience. One the book was ready though, we had a complete nightmare with Amazon which really has to be one of the most user-unfriendly experiences of my author life. I felt completely shafted by the massive conglomerate and any amount of appealing for help changed anything. Completely contrary to what you would expect! It was a complete David and Goliath situation in which Amazon was the Goliath, GenZ was David and I was a helpless nobody trapped in between. I won’t go into the details but GenZ took the decision to find alternate publishing/distribution.  

What is one piece of advice you would give to an aspiring author?
Keep a story journal or any place where you can log your ideas. Because if you are anything like me, you will have these light bulb moments and then the light bulb goes out leaving you wondering later on what that great idea was! And as I said earlier — just write. Don’t worry about refining and re-refining your first drafts. There’s plenty of time for prettying things up later.

Which authors inspired you to write?
Oh goodness! So many!
As a child - Enid Blyton. Not the choice of children’s author for anyone who has been a child since I became an adult!
As a child and an adult - Lewis Carrol, Gerald Durrell, Eric Segal
As an adult - David Sedaris, Nora Ephron, Andrew Ross Sorkin.Walter Isaacson, and of course the inimitable JK Rowling.

What is something you had to cut from your book that you wish you could have kept?
I am not sure about the book but there is plenty I have to cut from the screenplay…like the whole flamenco dance class scene.

On rituals:

Do you snack while writing? Favorite snack?
Bhel puri and chai…always. Bombay street food

Where do you write?
Anywhere but my favorite place is my home office in San Francisco.

Do you write every day?
I try to but then all too often silly things like bills, banking and admin get in the way.

What is your writing schedule?
I have been trying to stick to mornings but then…..trying and often failing.

Is there a specific ritualistic thing you do during your writing time?
Switch off my phone.

In today’s tech savvy world, most writers use a computer or laptop. Have you ever written parts of your book on paper?
I still use paper and pencil to sketch out Venn diagrams that show character relationships or plot lines showing story arcs.

If you’re a mom writer, how do you balance your time?
Don’t get me started! I will do anything to escape my nuclear family.  For the first version of Operation Mom, I had to throw them out of the country. Seriously…I asked my husband to drop  the kids off to summer camp in another country that year so I could focus on this project. The kids are all grown and away now so I don’t have to deal with that kind of issue anymore. But I do need to throw my husband out of our home office so he doesn’t ask questions like “What’s the time?” And “What day of the week is Christmas this year?”

Fun stuff:

If you could go back in time, where would you go?
1980s. Bombay to relive my teens and London to see George Michael 😊

Favorite travel spot?
the California coast, Salamanca 

Favorite dessert?
Alphonso mangoes….the real thing not mango desserts or derivatives

If you were stuck on a deserted island, which 3 books would you want with you? 
My Family & Other Animal - Gerald Durrell
Too Big to Fail - Andrew Ross Sorkin
The Ramayana - Valmiki


What’s the funniest thing that ever happened to you? The scariest? The strangest? 
My kids could give you a laundry list.
Funniest - there are plenty but in recent years, my daughter and I got caught in a national park with my dog, Dumbledore. I hadn’t realized that dogs were not allowed. But I had paid a very expensive parking ticket so I wanted to maximize the hours in the park. So I said to the park ranger that Dumbledore was a service dog…of course I had no proof. I was counting upon the fact that he wouldn’t question me further. But he did, and so I started acting like he was causing me anxiety by asking for proof..and anxiety was the very reason that I needed a service dog. The park ranger was not buying it, it didn’t help that my daughter was giggling the whole way through or that Dumbeldore was barking in a most unservice-dog like manner.  It was like a scene from Curb your Enthusiasm and I was a female Larry David.
Scariest - At the age of 16, two of my school friends and I went on a Euorpean vacation to celebrate the end of school. We were supposed to take a ferry from Dover in England to Calais but somehow ended up on the wrong ferry headed to Oostende (naive as we were, we didn’t even know what that meant). In an age where there were no cell phones, no internet, no Schengen visa, we showed up in Belgium with no visas and had to find our way to France to catch up with the tour in the middle of the night. I am still not sure whether that was more scary than facing my irate mother who thought we all were kidnapped or dead by that point.

Strangest - When I lived in Hong Kong in 1995, I witnessed a statue of Lord Ganesh drink milk through its trunk. Geological weird stuff or what….I was not hallucinating. Truth is stranger than fiction.

And there are so many more……!!

What’s the most courageous thing you’ve ever done?
Raise my children. Nothing has scared me more in life than the realities of parenting.

Any hobbies? or Name a quirky thing you like to do.
Hiking, swimming. Quirky - I go to open mic nights at comedy clubs to test out my story material or sometimes just to unleash my woes …which other people for some bizarre reason find funny.

If there is one thing you want readers to remember about you, what would it be?
I cannot and will not be fenced in.

What is something you've learned about yourself during the pandemic?
It’s like what Cheryl Hines, actress in Curb Your Enthusiasm said about Larry David, her husband on the show, quipped “I bet Larry’s in heaven. He’s been trying to social-distance for years.”

What TV series are you currently binge watching?
Severance & Derry Girls

What is your theme song?
Justin Timberlake’s “Can’t Stop the Feeling!”  Here is a video I made on my 50th birthday (in the thick of the pandemic) as a present to myself: https://youtu.be/5dFCOl4tEUM
Who says I am not a narcissist?

What is your favorite thing to do in (current season)?
Morning hike in the Marin headlands with Pumpkin Spice Latte.

What is a favorite (upcoming holiday) tradition (or memory)?
Diwali - sparklers in the garden

What song is currently playing on a loop in your head?
Duran Duran’s - Wild Boys.  I just saw them in concert, that’s why.

What is something that made you laugh recently?
Derry Girls

What is your go-to breakfast item?
It changes:
In California - coffee and croissant
In India - chai and poha

What is the oldest item of clothing you own?
My grandmother’s sarees.

Tell us about your longest friendship.
Truly the longest friendship would be with folks like:
My Mumbai pre-school buddy, Kaushal who I met at age 3 , though I don’t see him so often.
Or my friend Zoki who I met at age 4.5 when my family moved to London. I make it a point to see her whenever I am in England.


What is the strangest way you've become friends with someone?
I picked them up on a plane.

Who was your childhood celebrity crush?
George Michael of course!!!!

Guest post

Operation Mom - an opportunity to whack the funny bone

In general, I think life would be more fun if we took it down a notch. I am a huge proponent of stand up comedy and improv because I think it helps us let go of our Type A existence, be spontaneous and have a laugh or two. That goes for the performers as well as the audience members. So many of us take ourselves way too seriously and really need a whack of our funny bone from time to time.

I grew up reading very serious novels, most of them Classic British literature. It wasn't until I moved to the United States many years later that I discovered the American sense of humor – so basic, so subtle and so able to lighten your mood on any given day. It made me think about how I had so material right here in my home.

In Indian life, be it in or outside of India, there is an element of predictability and safety that underscores practically every decision — it’s a classic example as to why Indian parents want their kids to go into ‘safe’ professions like medicine and engineering. There is plenty of comedy in that itself - you just need to dig for it. And when it comes to predictability, you don't typically find an Indian situation in which the daughter is setting up her mom  – usually it happens the other way around. You don't find stories which expose you to a variety of cray cray ethnic situations strewn around Mumbai – all ripe for comedic interpretation. That's what I wanted to do with Operation Mom — in many ways it is an LOL window into my life and circumstances. As a Mumbaikar I feel like I have many affinities – to the Punjabi way of life, to the Parsi community, to places like Swati Snacks and Worli Seaface...all these are part of my ordinary world that I wanted to share with folks everywhere. I wanted to highlight the contextual comedy that is such a huge part of my people and in these places. And the fun with writing fiction is that through it, you can make the ordinary, extraordinary.

My relationship with my own mom has been fairly laid back. She definitely played her role of 'Classic Punjabi Mother' during my younger years but as any Punjabi will tell you, the moment you enter into the institution of marriage, the Punjabi mother becomes completely hands-off. My book actually has nothing to do with my own mother but her ridiculous Punju traits definitely carry through all the humorous set-pieces. For anyone familiar with the quirks of this particular community, the anecdotes will resonate.

When I was a kid, she was highly skeptical of anything concerning me  - where I went, who I met and why I pursued the things I wanted to do. Her old-school Punjabi mindset had her believe that if I was too ‘interesting’ or ‘determined’, then it would naturally become an impediment to ‘marrying me off’. So when I successfully stalked George Michael, my teen pop idol, it truly stressed her out.

Who is George Michael, you ask? Well, back in the eighties, he was the lead singer of Wham! Okay that completely gives away my age :) I was one of many teenage girls in the eighties who was completely obsessed with him. Determined to meet him in person, I went through lengths to stalk him one summer holiday in England. It took practically all summer for me to track him down, and mind you this was long before the age of internet or social media, so I really take great pride in my grass roots research skills! I made my way to his father's restaurant in Edgware, and then followed his cat to his house in Bushey Meads where I had a long chat with his mother, who finally pointed me to the office of his manager in Central London, where I eventually met him. I was fifteen then, obsessive to put it mildly...or perhaps I should say, ‘determined.' But this event propelled me to teen stardom...as pathetic as that sounds! And the story has kept listeners marveling and laughing with each re-telling these last thirty-five years. So I chose to copy-paste the George Michael story from my life and into my novel, almost verbatim. 

What’s wrong with the Comedy of Obsessiveness? Like I said, life would be so much more fun if we took ourselves a little less seriously.





Author Bio:

Reenita Malhotra Hora is a founder, executive-level content, operations & marketing leader, and prolific writer. With multiple years of experience in media, entertainment, communications, tech/innovation and wellness industries in the USA and Asia, she grows organizations, ranging from early stage startups through mid-size businesses, through storytelling, creative marketing and business strategy. 


Reenita has written seven books - five non fiction and two fiction. She is the writer, anchor and executive producer of Shadow Realm and True Fiction Project podcasts and founder of the Chapter by episode fiction app. She has contributed to The Hindu, South China Morning Post, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, CNN, Asian Investor, Times of India, National Geographic Kids, Cartoon Network Asia, Disney, and more.


Website: http://www.reenita.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ReenitaMalhotraHora

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reenita_storyteller/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/reenymal

Author Marketing Experts tags for social media:

Twitter: @Bookgal

Instagram: @therealbookgal


Join us on the #BookTour with Guest Post 

#operationmom #comingofage #singlemom #romanticcomedy #reenitamalhortahora 

Hosted by -- >   Author Marketing Experts


Comments