Skip to main content

#NewRelease #KU ~ King of Blood (The Masks of Under #4) by Author: Kathryn Ann Kingsley



Title: King of Blood
Series: The Masks of Under #4
Author: Kathryn Ann Kingsley
Genre: Dark Adult Fantasy Romance
Release Date: June 18, 2019 
Publisher: Limitless Publishing
The blood of my friend is on Aon’s hands, a King who would do anything to protect me. He believes his actions are justified because of a prophecy by the Ancients predicting my undoing by the hands of a friend. 
I refuse to accept it. Nothing can justify what Aon did, what he took from me. 
But as one threat is buried, another arises. The other Kings and Queens of Under are waking up from their crypts, and a war among us is imminent. The need for revenge and power is driving immortals to the brink of madness.
While the other Kings and Queens of Under are blinded by their own selfish conquests, something big and more dangerous than anything we’ve ever faced is about to shake Under to its core. 
There’s one King who seems to hold the key to it all, the answers to our fate. A white-winged angel, a legion whose mind is made of a thousand souls with magic strong enough to hold the Ancients captive at the bottom of the pool. 
The King of Blood.
I just need to determine whether he’s an ally…or the worst enemy Under has ever seen.


I can't - my heart can't take anymore.  

"We are far more than the stories that are told of us,  my beautiful sister.  I cannot wait to see what stories they tell of you. "- Ini

Lydia is beginning to settle? Into her role as Queen of Dreams. No, her world isn't getting any less dangerous just more expected?
As the void slowly recedes and Under becomes the world it once was new threats come to existence and lines are clearly drawn between friend and foe. Well, maybe not so clearly.   Lydia's casual approach at life (or death in this case) makes sense.  She can't change what is and despite events that, at first glance, seem like senseless violence Lydia sees beyond the black and white. The perpetrator believed what they were doing was for a greater purpose.  How can she condemn someone for acting on what they believed served the greater good of all?

"Into the darkness of my mind,  my soul, I stare.  Nothing shall gather within the shadows. In the twisting nettles, the briars, the thorns. I feel the pain that makes me whole.  Balm not the biting sands that sting my flesh,  for in that sorrow is my joy. "- Aon

This passage holds so much meaning.  
Aon has suffered so much loss. He has always been the black sheep, the feared and unwanted. And now we see it may have been for valid reasons.
He portrays himself as cold,  cruel, and untouchable yet for his  
Lydia, he will remove his mask
He will sacrifice the world to protect her. 

'That through all the fear and the horror,  you would not succumb to hopelessness in the face of death and suffering. "-Aon 
If only who knew how true his words would become. 

The king of blood.  So beautiful.  So righteous.  He is the keeper of the peace.  The final words of wisdom. He has the power to bring unity to Under or to destroy all that he perceives as warped. He holds the chains of the ancients. 

I'm not risking spoilers.
I will say this may be the most intense and suspenseful episode yet. 
Emotionally this was the hardest one for me. 
I cried those heart wrenching silent tears. I screamed "please no!" countless times. Held my breath praying the worst would not come to pass. 
As I write these words my heart still lies shattered at my feet. Broken and battered.  

If you risk one new author 
Try one new series 
Let it be this one
Do not pass this series up! 

Kat has always been a storyteller. With ten years in script-writing for performances on both the stage and for tourism, she has always been writing in one form or another. When she isn’t penning down fiction, she works as Creative Director for a company that designs and builds large-scale interactive adventure games. There, she is the lead concept designer, handling everything from game and set design, to audio and lighting, to illustration and script writing. Also on her list of skills are artistic direction, scenic painting and props, special effects, and electronics. A graduate of Boston University with a BFA in Theatre Design, she has a passion for unique, creative, and unconventional experiences. In her spare time, she builds animatronics and takes trapeze classes.
HOSTED BY:
#kingofbloodrelease #kingofblood #kathrynannkingsley #themasksofunder #limitlesspublishing
#INTHESERIES #CATCHUP #DARKFANTASYROMANCE
@vodriel 

Comments