Skip to main content

🧐 OUR WEEK IN REVIEWS

 

OUR PICKS THIS WEEK
💕 Beg For You by Sherilee Gray
🐚 Witch Way to Beauty and the Beach by Jane Hinchey
😂 Perky by Julia Kent
♕ Queen of All by Kathryn Ann Kingsley
⚗️ Elemental Fae Academy by Lexi C. Foss
⚖️ Shattered by Charlene Johnson

LOOKING FOR MORE ➡
GOODREADS  AMAZON   BOOKBUB


Beg For You (Rocktown Ink #1)Beg For You by Sherilee Gray

Cassy and Cal were perfect together!
He poured his pain into his art ~
She into her horses.
What an emotional and heartbreaking first in series.
The guilt, the lies, the facades...
They were from different worlds originally.
Both believing the stereotypes.
Both hiding their true selves behind false fronts.
Cassy's life was a lie. A facade created to appease her father.
Under the ice queen exterior, she was an innocent ~ lost and drowning in guilt. She had dreams, she loved wholeheartedly.
Cal was fighting each day battling his own demons. Emotional and physical scars ~ reminders of a night that forever changed his future.
Cassy was put in a pretty tough position ~ Someone(s) wanted something from her and had no qualms using one of the few things left in her world that held any value as leverage to get it.
Cal was still searching for peace. Unable to let go of the past. He wanted payment for the crimes against him.
Spencer just made me queasy.
Dad... well the man needs to get his priorities straight!
Bull and Dane?
I want their stories!
I enjoyed the dual perspectives. A bit of speculation(?) led to a bit of misdirection. I think that was the point though. We tend to judge first. I hope we get to know about how Spencer's family earned their place or lack of. I know it isn't really important but I am really curious about what his dad did.
There are a lot of little things scattered throughout the story line that brought the whole puzzle together.
All in all
This was one amazing ride 🤠
Amazon  Kobo Nook  Google

Witch Way to Beauty and the Beach: A Witch Way Paranormal Cozy MysteryWitch Way to Beauty and the Beach: A Witch Way Paranormal Cozy Mystery by Jane Hinchey

I came in late to this series but still found myself completely enthralled with this small town magical community.
Harper was a blast ~ endearing, empathetic, quick-witted. She tended to show up in the wrong place at the right time which only fed her intense curiosity. She needed to know the Whys? The Hows? And most definitely the Whos?

Jenna is her BFF. Jenna might possibly be an even noisier busy body than Harper. I'm sure being a reporter has no bearing on that personality trait whatsoever * snickering*.
Jackson is a pushover when it comes to his girls. Small town sheriff with a big heart. And quite the eye candy. It seems he may have a small flame burning for a certain someone.
Gran's is a blast. She is right at that time in her life when she knows better but no longer needs to care.
This had the perfect mix of humor, suspense, and hi-jinks to create one very solid cozy mystery. Even a bit of romance to round out the read.
This is part of a series and even though I came in at this book I really had no problem connecting with the cast. I did, however, have questions and was left with the need to start from the first in the series.
I foresee some previous cast members making untimely reappearances and possibly throwing a wrench in the story line.
I read a copy via Kindle Unlimited
Amazon 

PerkyPerky by Julia Kent

"How do you put magic into words? It's magic. It works outside of reason and description. "
My side is aching!
Great story line and such a wonderful cast.
We even get to watch Mal (from Fluffy) as she bridezillas on her besties.

I adored Perky in Fluffy but I am going to have to say there were quite a few times during this story she pushed my buttons.
I just wanted so badly to make her see clearly... whatever it took!
I willingly admit she almost had me closing the pages on her but I waited and it paid off. I can't imagine the type of emotional wall you would have to build to survive the indignation and humiliation that she goes through regularly.
I think that was the only thing that gave me the patience to not give up on her character.
When Parker's sudden appearance provides him with the opportunity to once again claim his innocence I admit I agreed with Fi a bit. Is it destiny or bull?
Gotta say though the chemistry between Parker and Perky is chemical perfection! The perfect blend of smooth and 'holy chit'!
- opposites definitely do attract
The story overall was easy to follow with a pretty fast pace that only occasionally slowed enough to let me grab a breath before the next "ah he ll" moment occurred
Mal is killing me.
Fi needs to get... she needs to expend some of that extra energy in a more physical way, Lol.
I am excited about Fi's story
Amazon  Kobo  Nook  Google


Queen of All (The Masks of Under #6)Queen of All by Kathryn Ann Kingsley

~ Practically Perfect ~

"The dancers must stop. The music must cease. Let it end.” - Aon

This was truly a fabulous journey.
From the first moment Under choose Lydia, I was mesmerized.
Lost in the unique world that Kingsley created, enchanted by its creatures, bewitched by its residents.
From the first page to the last I was entertained and engaged.
A must-own collection for any lover of the dark fantasy genre.
I knew this was the last story in the series and as such, I was a bit hesitant to enter. I was not ready to say goodbye to Under or all the friends I had made on my journey here.
But eventually, I could no longer resist the call of the Ancients.
I knew there would be losses, I knew there would be angst...
Lots of angst.
What I was unsure of was would it flow?
Would there be gaps? Rushed scenes? All the things I really dislike.
The answer was no it was practically perfect.
If you followed this series then you know there is a lot going on at this point.
Lydia is still stubborn as he ll and Aon is well... Noa.
The only thing I can truly say without spoiling previous episodes.
Someone or Something had to give
And it did ~
I am still a bit in awe of how this all wrapped up so well.
It flowed seamlessly ~ everyone played their parts ~ there was no quick solution or a sudden closing scene and then TADA HEA.
It didn't work like that.
I cried. I cringed. I cried some more.
What a perfect ending
I will return to write my review after I dry my eyes and heal my heart
*update My eyes are dry but my heart still hurts
Amazon


Elemental Fae Academy: Book One: A Reverse Harem Paranormal RomanceElemental Fae Academy: Book One: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance by Lexi C. Foss

Elemental Fae Academy by Lexi Foss
This is the start of an RH series and let me say right now this is NOT your typical wham bam we are all happy in the harem story!
Claire is celebrating her 21st birthday doing what many do -drinking and having fun with friends.
All is good in her world until a seemingly harmless dare turns her world upside down.
Exos has the royal blood required to make him king but he abdicated the role to his brother, the more rational of the two. He prefers the challenge of an enforcer to the bland life of a ruler.
When the halfling Claire comes of age the council must decide her fate. By a narrow margin, the decision is made to bring her over. Exos has been assigned as her protector and her mentor.
The question is can he protect himself from her?
This ends on a Cliffhanger -- major cliff hanger
I wanted to add a couple of things to my original review ~
Claire is one of those heroines that tugs at your great - you can't help but root for her. Yeah, she was a bit "confused" maybe even a little volatile when she first wakes up but come on Exos was not helping the situation. Once she finds her fae legs .. she is a force to be reckoned with (honestly before she is stable she is a force all her own). I reveled in her spirit, her ability to bounce back and try again. Over. And over. And over. Until it worked. Until it felt right.
Originally I didn't like Exos he was such an arse. I realized why this second time reading it (I can't believe I missed it the first time). He was angry for good reason. I'm not sure angry is the right word I think shocked, unsure maybe?  Exos is such a grumpy but(t) on the outside but on the inside, he is all squishy marshmallowy goodness ❤️. Don't let that fool you though he is not one to be messed with.
Definitely my kind of BBF.
Titus is the next most dominant character in this first book. He is a fire fae and darn is that boy (sorry, man) hot! He is a bit late himself to the fae party so he gets where Claire is coming from. He is a bit quick to anger but he also has an ability to connect with Claire on a different level than grumpy but(t). IMO it has a lot to do with his background.
Did I mention his element is fire? Yes ... wait till you see what he can do with fire. Holy hotness!!
As for our little group of mean girls - there is a lot more there going on than what meets the eye.
I think I know who the darkness is...  (**squealing**)
The authors have created an extraordinary world with a solid story line and an epic cast.
I need book two ... yesterday
Read via kindle unlimited
Amazon


Shattered (Circle of the Red Scorpion Book 1)Shattered by Charlene Johnson

This starts out so innocuous introducing the characters eluding at many different possibilities, but never quite letting me settle on just one path. The story was a bit like being at the amusement park. It easily lulled me into a false sense of "everything is going to work out" and when I found my self relaxing and enjoying the ride ~ BAM! ~ I was suddenly dangling over a cliff, fear gripping my heart waiting as I waited breathlessly for a show of mercy.

If you are looking for an easy read this is not it. Don't get me wrong the story line truly is easy to follow. It breaks down and introduces each character so we know the how's and why's that make them unique. There is a bit of time warping but it works quite well, again easy to follow. There are multiple smaller story lines woven within the main plot that follows Drake and Ebony, each only adds to the overall tone.
This is one of those stories, IMO, that the smallest thing can give away a major plot twist or event, spoiling a moment that would make a tremendous impact on the reader. So with that in mind, I will keep to the basics:
Plot - Well crafted and easy to follow
Cast - Each member of this story brings a vital component to the story line. They are all so vivid and just pop(?) out of the story.
The girl who seems innocuous and a bit of a self-serving whinny irritant ~ she is important.
Villain ~ Okay I am a bit of a softy when it comes to the bad guy (yes, I tend to justify their really really bad behavior) Solomon is the main antagonist here and I admit he is a bit bloodthirsty and at times reminds me of a petulant child with his demands and tantrums. I definitely would not want to be the object of his affections.
Steamy ~ There is quite a bit of heat. The bit about it having an erotic element, not to be taken lightly.
Set up ~ This is a first in series and the author definitely left me engaged and wanting more.
Recommend?
Yes. This is a full length first in series paranormal erotica with lots of suspense and action.
You truly get it all with this read.
Amazon

#paranormal #fantasy #romance #dark #newadult #vampire
#reverseharem #witches #romcom #humorous #satire #fiction
#cozymystery #animal #contemporary #bookreview
#SherileeGray #JaneHinchey #JuliaKent
#KathrynAnnKingsley #LexiCFoss #CharleneJohnson

Comments