Skip to main content

Conflict of Interest (Lake Chelan Series) by Shirley Penick ➜ #NewRelease #KindleUnlimited




Title: Conflict Of Interest: A First Responder Romance 
Author: Shirley Penick 
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: A Lake Chelan Novel #7 


Add on Goodreads






Jacqueline Hurst is taking a much needed and long-awaited two-week vacation. She's going to de-stress, sleep late, play in the water, do some shopping therapy, and read two novels. Yes two!
When she meets local, drop dead gorgeous, David, she forgets all about her plans and lets him show her his home town. He's such a sweet and fun guy, that she decides a two-week summer fling will go a long way toward de-stressing.
David thinks Jacqueline is the most perfect woman he's ever met, but he's got big secrets that could blow up in his face and cause the lovely Jacqueline to want nothing to do with him. Can he keep them buried or will they spill out and ruin everything?

















What does a geeky math nerd know about writing romance?
That’s a darn good question. As a former techy I’ve done everything from computer programming to international trainer. Prior to college I had lots of different jobs and activities that were so diverse, I was an anomaly.
None of that qualifies me for writing novels. But I have some darn good stories to tell and a lot of imagination.
I have lived in Colorado, Hawaii and currently Washington. Going from two states with 340 days of sun to a state with 340 days of clouds, I had to do something to perk me up. And that’s when I started this new adventure called author. Joining the Romance Writers of America and two local chapters, helped me learn the craft quickly and has been a ton of fun.
My family consists of two grown children, their spouses, two adorable grand-daughters, and one grand dog. My favorite activity is playing with my grand-daughters!
When the girls can’t play with their amazing grand-mother, my interests are reading and writing, yay! I started reading at a young age with the Nancy Drew mysteries and have continued to be an avid reader my whole life. My favorite reading material is romance in most of the genres, but occasionally other stories creep into my to-be-read pile, I don’t kick them out.
Some of the strange jobs I have held are a carnation grower’s worker, a trap club puller, a pizza hut waitress, a software engineer, an international trainer, and a business program manager. I took welding, drafting and upholstery in high school, a long time ago when girls didn’t take those classes, so I have an eclectic bunch of knowledge and experience.
And for something really unusual… I once had a racoon as a pet.


Join with me as I tell my stories, weaving real tidbits from my life in with imaginary ones. You’ll have to guess which is which. It will be a hoot!




#NewRelease #Romance #FirstResponse #Read  #KindleUnlimited  


Comments