Skip to main content

Grating on the Boss a Romantic Short Story by Ember Davis ➱ Release Tour

 




Title: Grating On The Boss 

Collection/Series: The Boss 

Author: Ember Davis

Release Date: Oct 6th 



Add on Goodreads


COVER 

BLURB

AUTUMN
When James, one of the brothers behind J&J Construction, hired me as a receptionist I thought my luck was turning around. I should have asked more questions about the other J because where James has an easy smile and rolls with things, Jaxson is rigid and doesn’t know the definition of coloring outside the lines. I don’t think Jaxson likes me very much because I always thought those lines were more suggestions than boundaries.

It would be okay if Jaxson wasn’t the sexiest man I’ve ever laid eyes on. I have become a walking, talking cliché complete with a boss who makes me swoon and lose all my mental faculties. I can’t seem to stop making a fool of myself in front of him, somehow becoming an uncoordinated newborn giraffe as soon as I get a whiff of him.

I don’t think I can keep doing this. It’s embarrassing. I’ve decided, for Boss’s Day I’m going to give Jaxson the only present I’m sure he wants: my resignation.

JAXSON
I don’t know what James was thinking when he hired Autumn because everything about her screams unorganized distraction. Maybe the distraction part is only a problem I have because I can’t seem to keep my eyes or mind off her. The whole thing grates on my last nerve. I knew I shouldn’t have taken a few vacation days. Somehow, he found the one candidate destined to turn me inside out and turn me on like no one else.

The more I’m around her, the longer she works for me at J&J Construction, the harder it is for me to keep myself in check. I need order, I understand it, but she’s come in and messed everything up, making me want to throw all the rules and my regulated life out the window. I’m not sure when or how, but I’m finding the chaos she brings to my life and business endearing instead of annoying.

She got under my skin. She might think I want her to leave so I can find order again, but she’s wrong. She shook me up, reminded me there’s more to life and I’m not letting her go. I’m going to make her mine.


If you like alpha heroes and an insta-love story that is sweet but isn’t necessarily simple, then this is for you. No cheating with a guaranteed HEA. It is a standalone, but J&J Construction appears in Less Than Strangers (Stranger Shoot Book 6) and exists within my Denver Family world.


This October meet the bosses who deserve a little something special for Boss’s Day.
The Boss has been doling out big bonuses, well-deserved down time, and special treats for good behavior. They’ll do anything it takes to keep their employees happy. Now it’s time to play favorites and show The Boss who’s in charge from the bedroom to the boardroom.

#TheBoss is a multi-author standalone short romance series with guaranteed HEAs, no cliffhangers, and no cheating.



PURCHASE 




TEASERS




ABOUT EMBER 



FOLLOW EMBER 




Ember Davis loves alpha heroes with a range of emotions, but a strong sense of how to take care of their women.  She loves her heroines from all walks of life, just like her heroes, and she wants them to be real and relatable.  Her heroines tend to be sassy, opinionated and smart.

Ember is a stay at home mom of two who recently refound her love of books and all things romance and is so glad that she did.  She’s always been creative but writing and creating stories that she would love to read that satisfies the dreams she had as a little girl.  She loves butterflies, the color purple and enjoying time with her family. 

Pssst…it’s totally a pen name, but everything above is 100% true.


FOLLOW EMBER






#NewRelease avail. on #KindleUnlimited
#gratingontheboss #shortstory #romance #emberdavis
This promotion was brought to you by #BMBB





Comments